U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,330,072 times
Reputation: 18594

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Looks like you edited the response after I had posted which is why I didn't see that part of the post.

That's true , and Compton also used to be a white middle class neighborhood as well.

But the Klan is now long gone.

I can see if someone can "afford" Westchester they might not consider Inglewood...but let's say that they can't afford Westchester do you think they even consider Inglewood?

Let's say the demographics of that house in Inglewood were different..and the demographics were more like Westchester..wouldn't take change things? If you say yes than you admit that demographics do matter and it is something that people do think about when moving to an area.
Sorry but you are incorrect. There are absolutely still lingering elements of that era in Westchester and El Segundo today.

I think that what you are not considering is the fact that some people of color who could afford a home in either area would prefer to live in Inglewood over Westchester. Westchester has not had a reputation of necessarily being "friendly" to non-Whites. Although I will say that the element is not as "unfriendly" as it used to be but still evident.

There are areas of Inglewood that I would most definitely choose over parts of Westchester based on the community feel and the aesthetics of the neighborhoods alone.

 
Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,325 posts, read 13,811,097 times
Reputation: 11491
So it seems Inglewood is ripe for a white takeover of sorts LOL...We just have to wait for it to become mostly hispanic.

Interesting you don't see white people wanting to take over in predominately black areas in L.A ...interesting isn't it?
 
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,325 posts, read 13,811,097 times
Reputation: 11491
Well I wasn't talking about upper middle class blacks or Hispanics considering Westchester...but whether whites considering Inglewood as a place to live. I do consider that blacks or hispanics might consider Inglewood over Westchester even if they could afford it..that's very likely a possibility. Considering the demographics obviously they don't if Inglewood is 4.7% white...can't use the excuse that it's "too far" ..so there must be a reason WHY based on fact or stereotype/lies.


There are lingering elements of the Klan area in Westchester and El Segundo? How about West L.A , Brentwood ,etc? Does every white majority area have lingering elements of the Klan ?
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
10,087 posts, read 12,607,407 times
Reputation: 3941
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So it seems Inglewood is ripe for a white takeover of sorts LOL...We just have to wait for it to become mostly hispanic.

Interesting you don't see white people wanting to take over in predominately black areas in L.A ...interesting isn't it?
Just because you are a racist doesn't mean everyone else is.

If the price was right and the circumstances made sense, I would move to Inglewood, Crenshaw, Leimert Park, even parts of West Adams look nice.

Mainly the reasons those places haven't gentrified is that they are far from any mass transit, cultural amenities, fairly suburban in design, not very walkable. These are the ingredients to gentrification (walkable, urban, easy transit, cultural amenities in close proximity). In other cities plenty of white people are moving into black neighborhoods - NYC, Boston, Philly, etc. etc. The reason in LA most of the gentrified neighborhoods are majority Latino is simple - most of the neighborhoods in LA are majority Latino.
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,325 posts, read 13,811,097 times
Reputation: 11491
I'm not racist..I'm just stating the facts..sometimes the truth hurts. And just because you say you aren't racist doesn't mean other whites aren't...and would a racist really admit they are a racist..?
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,330,072 times
Reputation: 18594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So it seems Inglewood is ripe for a white takeover of sorts LOL...We just have to wait for it to become mostly hispanic.

Interesting you don't see white people wanting to take over in predominately black areas in L.A ...interesting isn't it?
Well, this is also incorrect. More Whites have moved to Ladera Heights (an enclave of upper income Blacks and adjacent to Westchester and Inglewood) in the past decade and that area has never had a large Hispanic population. The same with West Adams, View Park and Windsor Hills.

And on the East Coast, whites are moving to Harlem at rapid pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm not racist..I'm just stating the facts..sometimes the truth hurts. And just because you say you aren't racist doesn't mean other whites aren't...and would a racist really admit they are a racist..?
I have no idea whether or not you are a "racist" nor do I care. However, you are speaking from a place of ignorance and are lacking in facts.
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,325 posts, read 13,811,097 times
Reputation: 11491
I don't think I'm a racist...does stating facts make one a racist now? The price of Inglewood doesn't make sense?

So that house in Inglewood is "far from any mass transit, cultural amenities, fairly suburban in design, not very walkable."...but the house that is much more per square foot is close to all that stuff...

when the difference is .7 miles? Come on...

It seems nobody wants to answer the uncomfortable question of why Inglewood is priced so much lower than neighboring Westchester...
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,597,509 times
Reputation: 2429
I would go for Westchester because it's more western and closest to the ocean.
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,330,072 times
Reputation: 18594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Well I wasn't talking about upper middle class blacks or Hispanics considering Westchester...but whether whites considering Inglewood as a place to live. I do consider that blacks or hispanics might consider Inglewood over Westchester even if they could afford it..that's very likely a possibility. Considering the demographics obviously they don't if Inglewood is 4.7% white...can't use the excuse that it's "too far" ..so there must be a reason WHY based on fact or stereotype/lies.


There are lingering elements of the Klan area in Westchester and El Segundo? How about West L.A , Brentwood ,etc? Does every white majority area have lingering elements of the Klan ?
It may be difficult for you to grasp this concept but I am speaking from a place of knowledge. The South Bay had a strong Ku Klux Klan presence as late as the 1950s and similar sentiments still resonate in some of the different communities of the South Bay today. Many of the communities in the South Bay were/are most definitely "sundown towns".
 
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,325 posts, read 13,811,097 times
Reputation: 11491
Do you have some evidence of this ... hate crimes in Westchester or El Segundo?..

DO businesses have NO N****** allowed signs up in these areas?...

I grasp concepts based on FACTS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top