Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 PM

21 posts, read 138,077 times

Advertisements

I just got a job at Pasadena City College as a college assistant, which means I'm not going to be making a lot of money. Of course I'm looking into ways to supplement my income, but it's not a stable solution. Still I don't like to commute to work everyday (from Irvine to Pasadena) and as such I'd like to move closer to work. Ideally I'd like to walk to work. I lived in Europe, so I have no troubles walking a mile or two to work. My budget is around $800. If that isn't possible, what are areas near to Pasadena that are SAFE and ENJOYABLE (have markets as I like to cook, and a coffee shop or bookstore, etc.) but won't break the bank? I don't want to commute for more than 30 minutes each way.

I enjoy cooking, going to art galleries and live theatre. I am very clean and neat, and that's why I shy away from having roommates... I also hate drama (except when it's on stage or on screen). I host actual-dinner parties and like to have tea time everyday, that's the kind of person I am. I go out to clubs and dance but I don't like to bring it home. So please keep in mind for your suggestion that having a roommate is my least favorable option.

I don't mind doing a bit of leg work. So if you have any tricks on how to find a good but cheap place in Pasadena, let me know. Also, are there any advices you'd like to give me on living in Pasadena? Parking? City rules? Rent negotiation? Living standard expectation? It'd be my first time living in somewhere other than Orange County in the US, so I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles