Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM

89 posts, read 268,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Recently I watched a documentary (hulu.com) on the Tate/Bianca murders...was that your film, George?

It was hosted by a Beverly Hills guy with interest in, and even a business, revolving around visiting/filming sites involved in famous, bizarre, celebrity incidents, while sharing info about the same.

He was filmed visiting this very site as well as the other places Manson & followers used as a "residence" and the front of the home where the LaBianca murders took place.

I admit to finding it fascinating...
I took the Helter Skelter tour on the 40th anniversary of the murders. I've always had a fascination with this particular crime and found the tour really interesting.

Manson Murders Sites Helter Skelter Bus Tour - Stories and crime scenes of the Charles Manson Family Murders of Sharon Tate and the LaBiancas. | Dearly Departed Tours of Los Angeles, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
It was Scott Michaels of Dearly Departed tours that has the video of Manson/Tate-LaBianca on hulu.com

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
I'm sure the whole of CA was nervous-

I've read quite a bit on him...intelligent and oh-so-cunning. He loves to talk in riddles and answers questions with questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emokriski View Post
I lived in Arcadia when Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, was murdering people. I had all our windows locked & was so terrified. Helicopters were hovering around the area, next thing I heard about was a murder in a neighboring town, I think it was in Monrovia. The woman who was murdered had her eyes cut out by the killer. That was horrendous! Eventually he was captured & clobbered by neighbors in the LA area.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emokriski View Post
I lived in Arcadia when Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, was murdering people. I had all our windows locked...
It was terrifying then. Anyone remember the "Night Stalker"?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM

On another thread on this subject, someone posted a video of Sharon Tate's only remaining family member discussing how Tate came to pick the house on Cielo Drive. (I can't find the clip.)

Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
On another thread on this subject, someone posted a video of Sharon Tate's only remaining family member discussing how Tate came to pick the house on Cielo Drive. (I can't find the clip.)
Is this it?

Debra Tate - Rare interview about Sharon Tate - YouTube

Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Is this it?
Yes; thanks. I was a teenager then and access to the media was much more limited then. I will never, ever forget this tragedy.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
And as the participants die off one by one, I do a happy dance with each miserable death.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKVegas View Post
I took the Helter Skelter tour on the 40th anniversary of the murders. I've always had a fascination with this particular crime and found the tour really interesting.

Manson Murders Sites Helter Skelter Bus Tour - Stories and crime scenes of the Charles Manson Family Murders of Sharon Tate and the LaBiancas. | Dearly Departed Tours of Los Angeles, CA
I've taken this tour, too. My husband has a fascination with the case, and I have to admit... after taking the tour, I can see why. Somewhat.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
For anyone with a true sense for the morbid, you can google the crime scene and autopsy photos from the Manson murders. Not pretty. I too watched the recent documentary by the guy who has all those murder mementos sent to him - I believe he has a piece of the fireplace from the house on Cielo. I think Trent Reznor from NIN still has the big entry door from the now torn down house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles