Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 AM

1 posts, read 850 times

Advertisements

hi I'm maurice. I'm planning my move hollywood and want to get as much help I can get before I come. like who's hiring, and is there any affordable places or mabye any potential roomates. I'm a starving actor with a lot of ambition and as a lot of people would say, its not a good move. I don't care. I know what I want and I'm going to get it. so if anyone can help out id really be gratefull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 AM

925 posts, read 1,333,077 times
You should start by reading the 100s of other threads in this forum regarding "poor starving unemployed ambitious unknown actor wanting to move to hollywood" before asking for specific help.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
None of those exist, he's definitely the first person to ever explore moving to LA to pursue acting.

Seriously though - kasuga is right - Maurice, there are a ton of threads like that here already. But for specific help, we'll need to know your budget, savings, where you'll want to work, etc. You say "who's hiring"..... seriously? Who's hiring in what field? We're not mind readers.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreese1 View Post
hi I'm maurice. I'm planning my move hollywood and want to get as much help I can get before I come. like who's hiring, and is there any affordable places or mabye any potential roomates. I'm a starving actor with a lot of ambition and as a lot of people would say, its not a good move. I don't care. I know what I want and I'm going to get it. so if anyone can help out id really be gratefull.
You definitely need to do a ton of research. Search around here for the countless threads on this subject.

You will need to save up a lot of money. And find a job. Who's hiring? Well part of making a move like this is looking for a job on your own. Same goes for finding an apartment or room share.

Can't expect everything to be handed to you. Nobody is saying don't do it, people move to LA every single day for acting. But a couple grand and ambition with no plan at all is not going to carry you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles