Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 03:33 PM

13,574 posts, read 15,542,841 times

Advertisements

I found this interesting -- when the lives of cops are at stake, there's a huge bounty offered for the perpetrator. However, when non-cops are the victims of violent terrorist gangs such as MS-13 and such, even to the point where people are being ethnically cleansed from neighborhoods such as South L.A., etc., there's no reward for the capture of gang leaders anywhere near $1 Million. Indeed, in the words of George Orwell, some of us are more equal than others...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 03:36 PM

13,574 posts, read 15,542,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookooroo View Post
Has anyone seen traffic enforcement (speed traps) around LA since the manhunt? Is it very low priority right now?
It's my understanding all chopper-coppers have been given squad car duty. Just last night I saw six squad cars parked in front of a cop's house on security detail.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,817,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Great. Now we will have a ton of right-to-carry gun nuts-hell bent on winning the lottery, on the prowl ready to administer "justice".
Score so far: Right-to-carry gun nuts: 0, crazed cops shooting wildly at innocent targets: 3.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 PM

26,633 posts, read 26,552,938 times
Extra security at the Grammys tonight due to Dorner remaining uncaptured.
LAPD is on alert that rampaging ex-cop Christopher Dorner may target the police detail assigned to the Grammys*at the Staples Center in Los Angeles Sunday night* - NY Daily News

Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 PM

8,468 posts, read 10,883,721 times
I still think this dude is already dead,and the fact there has been no trace of him, or any activity that would suggest he is still among us, only backs up my claim.
Today there were a couple of suspected sightings which brought law enforcement out in droves at the suspected locations.
I believe this is because those who don't like law enforcement, and the LAPD in particular, are making these false sightings, just so law enforcement has to respond.
This latest sighting was at a local shopping mall.
Now, common sense dictates that someone wanted for three murders is not going to walking around in public.
I firmly believe he put a bullet through his head shortly after he set fire to his truck in the mountains.
They will find him, but it won;t be until spring when the snow melts.
Bob.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,903,262 times
People do things like this when they believe there is no other way and there is little or nothing left to lose. His fate was sealed when he killed his first victim and he knows it.

Nothing justifies his actions though, there are always alternatives. In the news is that the LAPD is reviewing the disciplinary action surrounds the firing of Dorner. Perhaps such a review before now might have averted this tragedy. While 2nd guessing is easy, when you analyze tragic situations like this one, it always comes out that somewhere along the line the system, whichever one it is, basically told someone to stuff it and then walked away leaving the individual to their own ends.

The appeal to Dorner to turn himself in was rather strange. First he was asked by the Mayor to turn himself in and the next sentence was how he disgraced the department. Way to go. That couldn't have waited until later? First get him, then talk about him.

Does anyone think Dorner is about to turn himself in when the PD shot innocent people because they drove a vehicle or otherwise looked like him? He knows in his mind, whether true or not that the LAPD will shoot him on sight. It really doesn't matter what we think, it only matters what he thinks.

Dorner knows he'll get the death penalty.

If Dorner's allegations that he was fired because of anything related to his reporting any misbehavior, pray for the LAPD. One thing is sure, its all going to come out.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,903,262 times
The reward, IMHO is being offered to bring this situation to an end before the worst can happen. If Dorner gets cornered somewhere, there is little doubt he would use completely innocent people in some manner or who know, the PD in contact at the time might decide to engage him, putting innocent people at risk, they already have.

Far better to pay someone a bundle to report his wear-abouts than risking the alternatives at this point.

The best scenario is that he is captured alive and the whole story gets out, whatever that story turns out to be. The longer this goes on the more risk to those that have nothing to do with it, other than perhaps being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,960,737 times
maybe we could just lure him out with a box of donuts. He was a cop after all.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,235,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Does anyone think Dorner is about to turn himself in when the PD shot innocent people because they drove a vehicle or otherwise looked like him? He knows in his mind, whether true or not that the LAPD will shoot him on sight. It really doesn't matter what we think, it only matters what he thinks.
Somebody's already trying to sell "Don't Shoot, I'm Not Dorner" bumperstickers and T-shirts on eBay...
Don't Shoot I'm Not Dorner Bumper Sticker | eBay
"Attention LAPD: I Am Not Christopher Dorner" T Shirt All Sizes White or Gray | eBay

Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,934,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I found this interesting -- when the lives of cops are at stake, there's a huge bounty offered for the perpetrator. However, when non-cops are the victims of violent terrorist gangs such as MS-13 and such, even to the point where people are being ethnically cleansed from neighborhoods such as South L.A., etc., there's no reward for the capture of gang leaders anywhere near $1 Million. Indeed, in the words of George Orwell, some of us are more equal than others...
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles