Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:13 PM

3,951 posts, read 7,164,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnet57 View Post
That's why the state is known as "Mexifornia."
Sad but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 04:22 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,360,379 times
Idiot xenophobes whining about the Spanish language...acting like they know what third world living conditions are really like when they haven't a clue...

About what I expected when I opened this thread.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM

23,291 posts, read 23,667,542 times
Well put, I have noticed this also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
The City of LA is too large of its own good--parts of South LA, MacArthur Park, and Pacoima look 3rd worldly because the City of LA doesn't have the money and resource to maintain all of its territories.

Many smaller local cities with a large Latino population like Downey, Montebello, and El Monte are much better off in terms of livability because they have enough resource to police the streets and enforce codes.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,299,233 times
Yeah it would probably be better if the valley was split off from city of L.A... people think of the valley as practically another city anyways. LAUSD also suffers because of the size of it as well.

Personally I think the money is there..it's just not being spent there..

It's a shame what's happened to many of these areas ...but people continue to live there . I'm considering getting out soon to a more livable city...

L.A is only livable if you can buy a house in the 600k+ range it seems...

Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM

12 posts, read 23,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Idiot xenophobes whining about the Spanish language...acting like they know what third world living conditions are really like when they haven't a clue...

About what I expected when I opened this thread.
Yep, I was warned about city-data and the xenophobia/racism here but thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Those who don't like diversity can always go live in the desert in Arizona. You wont be missed.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM

733 posts, read 933,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nightsky View Post
Yep, I was warned about city-data and the xenophobia/racism here but thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Those who don't like diversity can always go live in the desert in Arizona. You wont be missed.
I think it's more about not liking brown people not disliking diversity

And depending where you're sending them in Arizona that might not be the best plan, still a lot of Mexicans and Natives in the desert, and these guys probably would look down on the Indians too

Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,900,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nightsky View Post

How is a neighborhood 'diverse' when it is 100% latino? Or 100% asian, white, or anything else?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Yeah that's true... we say L,A is diverse...but the neighborhoods aren't really diverse..maybe as a city it is diverse.

but there are many neighborhoods that are like 80% or one race without much of a mix .

That being said I guess there is more diversity than a lot of cities.

I've been looking at zipcodes in Florida and there are a lot of zipcodes that will have like a 30% white population and the rest mostly black or vice versa.

This is something we don't see in L.A really..

Also white people are moving into neighborhoods that were mostly Hispanic..but you won't see them moving into a black neighborhood for example.

So much for diversity right?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 PM

12 posts, read 23,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
South LA is indistinguishable from Mexico. Last time I drove down there, I was in shock. Never in California have I driven down a main street so filthy. There were full-sized pitbulls roaming the street with no collar (or owner probably). Last time I went there, my girlfriend didn't even want to step out of the car because there was dog feces everywhere. The commercial streets are endless stucco boxes with most signage written in Spanish. Plenty of potholes in the streets.

A huge portion of LA is third-worldly.
And I bet you've never once set foot in Mexico. You think all of Mexico is like Juarez? The ignorance here is appalling.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 PM

Mexico unemployment rate 5% ... Economy growing 4%

What are the numbers in the U.S again?...lol

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...ico-5-percent/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles