Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,141 times

Advertisements

I Live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I am looking for friend. I am what you call a forced loaner. I'm tired being alone and lonely. I'm just looking for a friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM

171 posts, read 530,646 times
What's a forced loner? I'm only familiar with being a loner by choice. Just wondering. Also, I think they have a personal forum on CityData where you could post this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In search of a friend View Post
I Live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I am looking for friend. I am what you call a forced loaner. I'm tired being alone and lonely. I'm just looking for a friend.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:26 PM

34 posts, read 66,842 times
I play basketball and Rancho Park on the westside, come out to the park and shoot hoops. People are always welcomed.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
LA has so many things to do and so many opportunities to meet people. You just have to put yourself out there.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 PM

242 posts, read 499,420 times
what are your hobbies? and do you enjoy doing outside things like hiking, walking, going to parks, biking?
i am not in los angeles now but if i were i would be your friend.
keep your chin up and stay positive. smile at everybody in passing and you will attract people to you.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3i6nm8n View Post
I play basketball and Rancho Park on the westside, come out to the park and shoot hoops. People are always welcomed.
Or stop by the archery range at Rancho Park as well. Just don't stand downrange when we're shooting.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:33 PM

217 posts, read 313,317 times
I would totally be your friend, but you live in the Valley. Ewwwwwwww

Old 03-31-2013, 04:42 PM

242 posts, read 499,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
I would totally be your friend, but you live in the Valley. Ewwwwwwww
hi, what is wrong with the valley? i am moving to los angeles and plan on living in the valley. well, the southern areas closer to sherman oaks or even west area like encino.
are the people different in the valley? i have heard that the valley gets hot in the summer months but i am from fort lauderdale and have lived with the heat and humidity forever so i am used to the hot weather.
and if i don't like the valley i can always move when my year lease is up to another location. it's not like i am stuck there forever, a year is not that long.
but again, why do people always make negative remarks about the valley? pray tell...

Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLady13 View Post
hi, what is wrong with the valley? i am moving to los angeles and plan on living in the valley. well, the southern areas closer to sherman oaks or even west area like encino.
are the people different in the valley? i have heard that the valley gets hot in the summer months but i am from fort lauderdale and have lived with the heat and humidity forever so i am used to the hot weather.
and if i don't like the valley i can always move when my year lease is up to another location. it's not like i am stuck there forever, a year is not that long.
but again, why do people always make negative remarks about the valley? pray tell...
I'm also from Florida, but I'm staying away from the Valley unless I have to go there for a meeting or something. I was there the other week and it was hot, too much of a weather difference for me between the other areas of LA. I may have survived the Florida humidity, but I want my LA weather to be cool.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 PM

171 posts, read 530,646 times
Have you ever heard of this website before? Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup
According to their site - Meetups are neighbors getting together to learn something, do something, share something…
Maybe you can find a group that sounds interesting.

Loners, by definition, are people who like being alone. Since you don't seem to want to be alone then maybe you are a shy extrovert - maybe even have some social anxiety? So, I know it might be hard for you to approach a group of people you don't know; and you might prefer one on one relationships. If you find a meetup to go to you might find that one person you click with.

I've never tried any of the meetups because I definitely prefer being alone most of the time. Have you thought about doing some volunteer work to meet people?

Here's an organization I've done some volunteering with in the past.

L.A. Works

Also,
Volunteer San Fernando Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by In search of a friend View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles