Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaniexch View Post
Stop it jackSparrow . People are helping each other here. Whats wrong with that...
This is from the City-Data Terms of Service:
"Please use the Search this Forum tool to find info you need, as much has already been written about schools, jobs, weather, crime, prices, rentals, walkability and other aspects of a location. If you don't find it, please sign in and ask your questions. New users should use the Search this Forum tool before posting a question that may have already been answered. Let us know that you have searched the forums, so we don't assume otherwise.

When asking questions about a location, give as much detail as you can, so we can zero in on the info you need. If house hunting, what is your price level or rental amount. How many BR's, Baths, square feet, lot size, etc, do you need? Pets? SFH, TH, Condo, mobile home? In-town, rural, college town, military town, mountains? Schools for children? Gated community, golf course community, active senior community? Do you need to stable a horse? Is there an RV or boat trailer to consider? The more you tell us, the sooner our regular posters can reply with specificity. Same for any other criteria you have. Please avoid open-ended requests like "I'm moving to your city, tell me EVERYTHING I need to know.""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 06:46 PM

50 posts, read 63,860 times
Why would ANYONE want to live outside of LA (Inland)??

Why not move to another city if you don't want to live inside LA?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,638,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Why would ANYONE want to live outside of LA (Inland)??

Why not move to another city if you don't want to live inside LA?

good question. i'm bored in upstate new york, so i'm thinking about moving to upland? how does one arrive at such a conclusion?

Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Everyone wants to live in LA, some just can't afford it. They still would like to live close though.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:18 AM

9 posts, read 48,209 times
Thank you for understanding jessemh431. Everybody has their own reasons.........

Old 11-02-2007, 02:13 AM

where in upstate are you from. i have family in Utica, New Hartford, Rome, and Sodus.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 AM

9 posts, read 48,209 times
Rochester, NY. Have u ever been here before?

Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 AM

I don't think I've ever actually been there, but I've driven through a few times, once to Niagara Falls and back. My grandparetns live in Utica and we visit my cousin in Sodus almost everytime we visit in the summer, and I'm pretty sure we drive through Rochester. If I remember correctly, it's not nearly as depressing as Syracuse and Utica. Compton is less depressing than Utica though. LOL.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 PM

274 posts, read 320,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Everyone wants to live in LA, some just can't afford it. They still would like to live close though.
EVERYONE WANTS TO LIVE IN LA?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD ONE!!

Trust me, 85% of people in this country WOULDN'T move to LA, even if they were paid to do so. LA isn't for everyone, not to say that it's a horrible place.

And I agree with "Why would you move to LA, if you aren't really moving to LA." People actually relocate from other parts of the country to inland Los Angeles??? Why? It's hot and ugly.

If you want to LA lifestyle, do it properly by moving along the coast. If you can't afford it there are other cities like Miami, Atlanta and Houston, although I detest them all, where you can live a much better life.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 PM

Well I meant most people moving to SoCal want to live in LA. Not that the whole country wants to live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles