Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 12:30 PM

223 posts, read 470,773 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm targeting living in either the West SFV (either West Hills or Woodland Hills) or Conejo Valley. My understand is that the West SFV is extremely hot in the summer whereas the Conejo is supposed to be cooler. Looking at average monthly temperatures at weather.com, I am finding no difference in the months of July-Sept when looking at Westlake, Agoura, Woodlands Hills, and West Hills. Is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
Conejo is probably a few degrees cooler, but not much.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Averages 8-10 degrees cooler.

To compare, go to this site. Type in 91362 (Thousand Oaks), then look at the tabs, see "history." then repeat using 91364 (Woodland Hills) and you can see for yourself.

http://www.weatherforyou.com/

Long-time CV resident!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM

425 posts, read 647,314 times
Weather should not be the factor of Conejo vs West SFV...both are hot in the summer and you will use your AC. The more important question is lifestyle and commute. If you have a need to be closer to LA (Hollywood or Westside), then living out in Conejo is really inconvenient on a daily basis. On the other hand, if you are talking a commute between Conejo and West SFV, then it's not too bad to each place either way.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 PM

223 posts, read 470,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hken View Post
Weather should not be the factor of Conejo vs West SFV...both are hot in the summer and you will use your AC. The more important question is lifestyle and commute. If you have a need to be closer to LA (Hollywood or Westside), then living out in Conejo is really inconvenient on a daily basis. On the other hand, if you are talking a commute between Conejo and West SFV, then it's not too bad to each place either way.
I work near the Santa Monica Promenade and currently live in the Palms area. I've getting incredibly burnt out on the overpopulation, noise, and rudeness of all the people in the area. I'm in my 30's but am definitely not into the night life much. I want to live somewhere where it is nice and quiet in the evenings, as suburban as possible. I have the flexibility to come into work early if I desire and as such the West SFV or more Eastern side of the Conejo sounds quite doable to me. Especially with the canyon routes being the best access point to where I work.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
if you have kids then the conejo valley is better because of the schools. conejo valley also generally has a newer housing stock. SFV is serviced by LA city, so you have that downside as well. however, woodland hills and surrounding communities are superior for shopping and dining IMHO.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hken View Post
Conejo vs West SFV...both are hot in the summer and you will use your AC
Nope. Use AC about 5-6 times a YEAR in CV.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmblackflag View Post
I want to live somewhere where it is nice and quiet in the evenings, as suburban as possible. I have the flexibility to come into work early if I desire and as such the West SFV or more Eastern side of the Conejo sounds quite doable to me. Especially with the canyon routes being the best access point to where I work.
You have the right instinct. Hope you read the Ventura County forum here.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Conejo definitely has greater marine influence than the SFV. It is still an inland feeling, to be sure. But not as hot in summer as the SFV. Probably more frost in the winter although that is a personal anecdote, I have not looked at actual stats.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:26 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmblackflag View Post
Hello,

I'm targeting living in either the West SFV (either West Hills or Woodland Hills) or Conejo Valley.
Well Canejo Valley is an excellent choice, given the Canejo Valley Archery Range.

The Conejo Valley Archers - Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles