Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM

22 posts, read 26,628 times

Advertisements

What are the lapd even for?
About 10 years ago I was robbed at gun point at Johnny's hamburgers on Crenshaw and 10 freeway as I was getting robbed a cop was driving by slow and my friend tried waving him down after the robbery I got in my car and drive off he was searching a homeless guy on the corner about 4 years ago I called 911 due to someone breaking into my house after about 15 minutes on hold they gave up and left themselves and I hung up the phone this weekend I called the police do to a left and the police never showed.and now I'm thinking this is 3 out of zero and I'm not sure I will ever call them again but does anyone else feels ripped off when they pay taxes ? I typed police brutality into YouTube last night and watched a few videos and I'm sick to my stomach, I can't believe I live in this country but now no other country wants Americans...
Anyways is this obamas fault or what's going on? On the news I heard talk of police layoffs but now 20% of cars on the road are cops ...what are they there for? Have they helped anyone out? I know I have never benefited from them but maybe someone has? And now they wanna ban guns? We are already on our own and Obama doesn't even want us protecting ourselves all they do is hang out and talk to each other it's a big social party and they are all homeowners perfect credit while regular people deal with slave labor society ...what's the world coming to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 02:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Yes, what happened to you 10 years ago in L.A. is Obama's fault.

I hear Alex Jones calling you.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Who's Alex jones

Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
LAPD have improved drastically. They are some of the most disciplined and well-behaved police in the country. For example, LASD are still a bunch of thugs IMO.

I have noticed that LAPD don't really care about "little things," like let's say your car was broken into, or someone threw a rock at your window. Or your beloved puppy ran away. Those types of calls can take forever for them to get to. But for actual crimes, they are on point and efficient.

The small city PDs like Santa Monica, Culver City, Beverly Hills do entertain the stupid calls. I've seen SMPD chase through the streets with huge flashlights North of Montana to find someone's lost dog. Or in Beverly Hills, a woman had trouble with a snake in her backyard and BHPD actually came and killed the snake. LAPD wouldn't bother - they're too overwhelmed.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 PM

Lapd haven't improved they just operate very secretive due to many cameras and YouTube

Old 05-13-2013, 03:20 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politicalprison View Post
Lapd haven't improved they just operate very secretive due to many cameras and YouTube
Secretive in what way?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Type police brutality into youtube and you will see what I mean ...they hate video cameras

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Who's Alex jones
Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Alex Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who knows if that's his real name though...

Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
Quote:
That statement totally contradicts itself.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Well, if by secretive you mean they go about here and there under the cover of darkness, then you may have a point...oh wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles