Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,530,240 times

Advertisements

I do not, but I'd be curious as to why any CD members believe one candidate would be better for L.A. than the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,502,259 times
Who is running?

I'd vote but I have to sort my socks.

Besides, I wouldn't know who to vote for since I haven't heard the celebrities' opinions on the candidates.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,274,103 times
Garcetti.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,471,325 times
I'd vote but I need to brush my dog.

Seriously, hard to say. I honestly haven't followed their campaigns at all b/c I never liked either of them.

Also, one neighbor whom I disagree with politically has a Garcetti sign; another neighbor whom I also don't agree with politically has a Wendy sign. Eeny-meenie-miny-mo...

Poor L.A.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:07 PM

Garcetti has an interesting coalition of eastside far lefties/hipsters, conservative valley whites, and Latinos.

Gruel is slave to labor unions who are ruining our economy

Old 05-20-2013, 11:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,330,462 times
I just don't really see things changing much honestly.

I think the city needs to be broken up. City Hall has proven to be inefficient.

The system is broken.

I don't see either of the two contenders really bringing the massive change the city needs.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 PM

4,536 posts, read 10,591,995 times
Garcetti.

Ugh, it pains me to say that. But Wendy took money from unions representing employees who are already overpaid. I'm sure Garcetti would have if he could have. But he didn't.

So just out of self interest, I'd expect Garcetti to be more likely to get city finances under control. Thats where my vote goes.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM

19 posts, read 30,027 times
To me, it's nothing to care these days because no matter who is elected, the future is no different between candidates. Whatever they promise can be broken and excused so why do we actually care?

I am not just talking about mayoral election, but all political election. Since we, the people, are all smarter and stronger than ever, nobody dare to bull around. I don't particular like or dislike any candidate or party because I believe they are all for the greater good.

What I am looking for is a system for us, the people, to really push who we pay for to do things that really brighten up the city/county. Who ever that is, we need someone that has stronger shoulder without a mouth full of excuses. We need good leaders that lead our home ahead once more further than any other cities in the world. If we have traveled around enough, we know there are cooler places out there now.

I have many friends from far away who wish to visit LA so bad that eventually turned out to be so disappointed.... Scary streets, bad traffic, expensive everywhere, and mean people....etc.. LA really has great things but what happened? Great things are not really great no more.

I actually like the idea of the LA/2B thing went on for a while back. It's a great start for people to share ideas on public mobility; unfortunately, some important points are just missing there....

Anyway, vote anyone you like the most and cross our fingers wishing all the best we can, not for who elected or not. There is no win or lose in election. We either all win or all lose, we live together.

lan

Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 AM

13,573 posts, read 15,530,240 times
Is not Garcetti a union stooge as well? For example, he was a big supporter of the DROP program that allows LAPD officers to draw a pension and a salary simultaneously. And, wasn't he the one who claimed a study showed that the DROP program saves the City of L.A. money, when in actuality there was never any such study?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Is not Garcetti a union stooge as well? For example, he was a big supporter of the DROP program that allows LAPD officers to draw a pension and a salary simultaneously. And, wasn't he the one who claimed a study showed that the DROP program saves the City of L.A. money, when in actuality there was never any such study?
Lesser of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles