Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

I know that many people think that the homeless are poor , nice , friendly people but I am hearing about more and more stories about homeless people injuring or killing people. It wasn't very long ago that a homeless guy set a guy on fire killing him.

Now this story :

Three men are expected to be charged Friday in connection with the stabbing death of a woman next to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The three men, whom police describe as transients between 27 and 34 years old, were arrested in connection with the death of 23-year-old Christine Darlene Calderon after police said the men attacked her Tuesday night at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue.

3 men due in court in fatal stabbing at Hollywood Walk of Fame - latimes.com

The majority of these 'homeless' seem to suffer from mental health problems that cause them to be violent. Crazy people do crazy things..and sometimes that includes killing innocent people.

This needs to stop. These people do not belong on the streets. How many times are these killings going to be called "isolated events"...when is enough enough ??

Old 06-20-2013, 04:49 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

This needs to stop. These people do not belong on the streets. How many times are these killings going to be called "isolated events"...when is enough enough ??
OK, what is your suggestion?
Who will pay for it?
What type of schedule are we looking at?

Old 06-20-2013, 04:49 PM

223 posts, read 470,559 times
It's a sad story but where do you propose we put these homeless?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:03 PM

Last time I checked panhandling/loitering is illegal. Why not crack down on loitering and panhandling? We know these people are up to know good. It just should not be tolerated. We CAN crackdown on this but the city chooses not to. This should be a wake up call . Hollywood is Garcetti's district...hopefully he take this seriously.
This was an innocent young woman killed at 23. We should not become jaded to these types of violent killings.

The excuse that "we can't do anything to them because they are 'homeless' is a poor ,tired excuse" and a dangerous one .

Old 06-20-2013, 05:06 PM

223 posts, read 470,559 times
My understanding is that there aren't enough police resources or homeless housing to round up and put all these people.
The best we can do is be vigilant anytime we are around them.

That is what I try to do.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:10 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Give 'em free passes on the Sunset bus and set up a shelter in a gated community in Palisades Highlands or Bel Air.

Once the elite of the elite can't hide from the homeless anymore, then something will be done.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:11 PM

249 posts, read 443,408 times
Quote:
I know that many people think that the homeless are poor , nice , friendly people but I am hearing about more and more stories about homeless people injuring or killing people. It wasn't very long ago that a homeless guy set a guy on fire killing him.

Now this story :

Three men are expected to be charged Friday in connection with the stabbing death of a woman next to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The three men, whom police describe as transients between 27 and 34 years old, were arrested in connection with the death of 23-year-old Christine Darlene Calderon after police said the men attacked her Tuesday night at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue.

3 men due in court in fatal stabbing at Hollywood Walk of Fame - latimes.com

The majority of these 'homeless' seem to suffer from mental health problems that cause them to be violent. Crazy people do crazy things..and sometimes that includes killing innocent people.

This is an anomaly. The homeless seldom ever accost anyone on the Blvd.

I used to market on it, so I do know of what I speak.

Unfortunate things happen from time to time, but the homeless in H'wood are far from menacing. Extremely civil actually.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Give 'em free passes on the Sunset bus and set up a shelter in a gated community in Palisades Highlands or Bel Air.

Once the elite of the elite can't hide from the homeless anymore, then something will be done.
Those are some good points!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM

193 posts, read 465,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
This is an anomaly. The homeless seldom ever accost anyone on the Blvd.

I used to market on it, so I do know of what I speak.

Unfortunate things happen from time to time, but the homeless in H'wood are far from menacing. Extremely civil actually.
I agree, most of the homeless are not dangerous. Loud sometimes, but harmless. The situation is still sad and I do think that they do not belong on the streets and a shelter would be better but its easier said than done I guess

Old 06-20-2013, 05:24 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Last time I checked panhandling/loitering is illegal. Why not crack down on loitering and panhandling? We know these people are up to know good. It just should not be tolerated. We CAN crackdown on this but the city chooses not to. This should be a wake up call . Hollywood is Garcetti's district...hopefully he take this seriously.
This was an innocent young woman killed at 23. We should not become jaded to these types of violent killings.

The excuse that "we can't do anything to them because they are 'homeless' is a poor ,tired excuse" and a dangerous one .
Problem is that in this bad economy, hustling on the street is the last resort for many people. You could be homeless tomorrow, be careful with what you say..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles