U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM

114 posts, read 153,002 times

Advertisements

Interesting to see how fast the Expo Line has become popular. It's already beat it's ridership estimates for 2020!

Metro’s August ridership estimates: Expo Line reaches new high, Red/Purple Line have second-best month | Metro's The Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 PM

10,087 posts, read 13,107,696 times
Pretty great, can't wait to see the ridership when it goes to Santa Monica. By 2020 it should be pushing the Blue Line as the highest ridership in the country for a single LRT line.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,515,233 times
I'm definitely surprised at how the Expo Line has exploded like that, but also not surprised at the same time. I agree that it will be great once it expands to Santa Monica.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:51 AM

671 posts, read 961,121 times
When it reaches Santa Monica, it will be a very big increase. The tourists, and I mean foreign tourists, will likely flock to it because they are always trying to get to Santa Monica by rail or other more efficient mode than bus.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:40 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,532,917 times
I'm obviously happy with the Expo Line and have used it several times, but it still upsets me that the train doesn't have signal priority at several places (Vermont, Crenshaw, streets between USC & Downtown). I mean this thing could be so much better if you weren't sitting idle for 1 minute at each of these locations potentially. Probably 5 minutes could be shaved off the travel time on the trip from Culver City to 7th/Metro.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:46 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,133,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKerryJr View Post
When it reaches Santa Monica, it will be a very big increase. The tourists, and I mean foreign tourists, will likely flock to it because they are always trying to get to Santa Monica by rail or other more efficient mode than bus.
Sounds like me on last year

Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,973,046 times
Quote:
There'll be an even bigger increase when the Regional Connector's up and running.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:14 AM

25,274 posts, read 15,364,655 times
Quote:
Do non foreign tourists still go to Santa Monica , it was seem like it's heavily European .

Of course many Americans hardly get anytime off or don't take their time off .

They also probably spend more on other stuff versus travel . The house , cars , etc

I know last time I took the Redline I saw at least a couple groups that looked like European tourists .

It's cool they take the Redline when many of the European descended Americans in LA won't .

I don't see ridership going down with the way traffic and gas prices are going .

There's a ton of stuff that can be done even within the rail lines these days .

Old 09-19-2013, 05:57 AM

143 posts, read 272,751 times
I take the Expo line to school... I couldn't believe how crazy pack it was at 3pm the first time I rode on it!

Edit: that said I can't wait for the extension to finish (and also to the extension of the Gold Line to a lesser extent)

Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM

343 posts, read 527,572 times
My first year in L. A. (1976) I lived on Bagley north of Venice in Palms and went to USC. If I lived there now, I'd have a one-seat ride to USC! (or at most, take the Santa Monica 12 bus to the Coulvery City station). Plus, when the extension opens, I could walk like a half-block and see the trains crossing Bagley at grade (I wouldn't be worried about noise, because my apartment was on the south side of the buidling, facing Venice)

Maybe I can move back to L. A. and get my old apartment back! (I'm pretty sure the rent is exorbitant there now, even though the building is old (built in 1959, IIRC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles