U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 04:34 PM

26,362 posts, read 54,307,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedStone View Post
You know what L.A. is like? High f***ing taxes, permit parking on the streets; meaning you will get ticketed parking in your own neighborhood if you don't have a yearly fee based permit, the people are like robots and ghosts, it is severly congested and chaotic and the education is just average nothing special and actually way behind many parts of the USA not to mention the mentality, transportation planning and city planning being light years behind as well. As city employees bank off of high salaries the city is going bankrupt and then you throw road rage and racism into the mix what do you have? A city that is a melting pot for disaster. Europe and Canada have better internships. Better yet New York, Colorado and many other states have better education. Oh and the postcards are BOGUS. The Los Angeles area including the beaches are so filthy and smelly and polluted. Not pretty and not clean. Oh and good luck on finding a date it is next to impossible to find someone who is normal and someone who doesn't want to just *********r brains out because they are emotionally unavailable. Last note the women are beautiful and extremely tall for the most part and the men average about 5'6. So don't believe anything you see on t.v. or on flyers. This is Los Angeles open gunfire year around. I've lived in Santa Monica for a year and there's been about 6 shootings and this is Santa Monica. If I were you I wouldn't settle for less. The Celebrities are screwed up(Britney Spears) but most of the regular people are just like them.
But can't you go skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon? Isn't there a lot of diversity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 06:07 PM

1,288 posts, read 3,569,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedStone View Post
You know what L.A. is like? High f***ing taxes, permit parking on the streets; meaning you will get ticketed parking in your own neighborhood if you don't have a yearly fee based permit, the people are like robots and ghosts, it is severly congested and chaotic and the education is just average nothing special and actually way behind many parts of the USA not to mention the mentality, transportation planning and city planning being light years behind as well. As city employees bank off of high salaries the city is going bankrupt and then you throw road rage and racism into the mix what do you have? A city that is a melting pot for disaster. Europe and Canada have better internships. Better yet New York, Colorado and many other states have better education. Oh and the postcards are BOGUS. The Los Angeles area including the beaches are so filthy and smelly and polluted. Not pretty and not clean. Oh and good luck on finding a date it is next to impossible to find someone who is normal and someone who doesn't want to just *********r brains out because they are emotionally unavailable. Last note the women are beautiful and extremely tall for the most part and the men average about 5'6. So don't believe anything you see on t.v. or on flyers. This is Los Angeles open gunfire year around. I've lived in Santa Monica for a year and there's been about 6 shootings and this is Santa Monica. If I were you I wouldn't settle for less. The Celebrities are screwed up(Britney Spears) but most of the regular people are just like them.

WOW!!! JadedStone, really sounds jaded.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 PM

274 posts, read 22,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
But can't you go skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon? Isn't there a lot of diversity?
Who actually does this?

Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 PM

3,266 posts, read 8,979,444 times
I'm gonna do it when I get my own car (I'm only 15) just to prove that people do do it.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 AM

413 posts, read 1,279,301 times
Chicago sucks, just thought I'd add that in. I've lived within a 2 hour drive of that god forsaken city and every time I go there it's under construction or some other major inconvenience. The people are more rude than those in L.A. Also, the weather is terrible.
I'd say go to L.A.!!!!! I feel much safer and have had far less problems in L.A. opposed to Chicago, Detroit, Indy and the other midwest big cities. Good Luck!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 AM

413 posts, read 1,279,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent View Post
Who actually does this?
My friend does. I did on several occasions when I visited. Once I'm there and working I won't be able to everyday, but on my days off you can bet I'll be on the beach chillin as everyone back here is scraping ice off their cars and frozen to the bone.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 AM

459 posts, read 917,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Chicago sucks, just thought I'd add that in. I've lived within a 2 hour drive of that god forsaken city and every time I go there it's under construction or some other major inconvenience. The people are more rude than those in L.A. Also, the weather is terrible.
I'd say go to L.A.!!!!! I feel much safer and have had far less problems in L.A. opposed to Chicago, Detroit, Indy and the other midwest big cities. Good Luck!!!
you live in indiana, dude. i can see why you are ready to off yourself... chicago's a fun town if you don't have to drive two hours away from a sewer to get there....

Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM

92 posts, read 307,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Oh, come on JakeHorror, Chicago's not THAT bad (says the girl who's trying to leave). It def. has its good points, though I agree with you that weather and construction are not among them.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

635 posts, read 1,147,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaEscritora View Post
It def. has its good points, though I agree with you that weather and construction are not among them.
What do you mean by construction?

Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM

50 posts, read 3,935 times
Why do people say Los Angeles is "beautiful". Do any of you actually travel?

Los Angeles is a dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles