Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:03 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,621,109 times

Advertisements

another person who probably aint ever been to south gate or downey. saying downey is bad is like saying santa monica is bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 PM

938 posts, read 4,080,368 times
No.

Both are places hobbled by Latino immigration, poverty, corrupt politicians and rampant gangbanging!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 AM

359 posts, read 1,308,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
jdiems info is so wrong! where do you guys get this? the la high fb star got killed in arlington heights. mexicans and blacks have lived in lynwood for decades now. where is the tension? there is not "total ghetto scene now". its justa different color than before. its not so lily now and alarmist cant stand that so they say its getto. funny man, trully funny
LOL! THE PLACE IS TRULY GHETTO...WHO YOU TRYIN TO FOOL? :-/

Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 AM

359 posts, read 1,308,332 times
Quote:
another person who probably aint ever been to south gate or downey. saying downey is bad is like saying santa monica is bad
YOU have got to Be OUT OF YOUR MIND OR JOKING TO COMPARE DOWNEY WITH SANTA MONICA! You should get out more.....hmmmmm....out more. (chuckle, chuckle)

Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 PM

44 posts, read 237,139 times
Quote:

I have family that lives in Downey and they want to get the hell out. I drive through south gate and Lynwood at least once a month. LOL, saying downey is bad is like saying santa monica is bad, hahaha. Don't mean to ridicule you, but you know this statement is far, very far from the truth.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 AM

15 posts, read 90,863 times
^^Well then you'd agree that the statement that Downey is a bad area is far from the truth as well. I know people that lived in Santa Monica that couldn't stand the rent control crowd and Section 8 people that pervaded certain parts of that city. The same goes for Downey, there are nice parts and not as nice parts. But it is definately not a bad area overall.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:31 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,621,109 times
thank you, i was gunna leave this thread alone, but LA dude you make the point i was trying to make that flew over peoples head. downey is for the most part very nice. enough million dollar homes and mid range houses for most people. but that does not mean that some areas dont have apartments and riff raff. even SaMo has this. thats my point. every city has its bad areas. to say a whole city like downey is getto is pretty ridiculous. the biggest difference, and in my opinion the reason people will say it is getto, is it is predominantly brown. and not mexican either. lots of cubans and south americans. as for all the other comments about gettin out and not knowing what im talking about... chuckle chuckle

Old 03-29-2008, 09:54 PM

938 posts, read 4,080,368 times
Downey, for the most part isn't bad.

It is one of the last places fit for raising a family (good schools, quality of life, things to do, activities, etc) that aren't wayyyyyyyyyyyy far. But beware, the gates of affordibility are closing in the middle class haven.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 17,912 times
Not anymore i live in Lynwood and its very poor and also very ghetto there is gangs too. It's still not as bad as Compton, Watts or East LA.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 18,674 times
not at all my parents still live there i grew up there in the 80 and early 90 now it is very bad prostitution all over cars going 60 miles a hour on residential streets it is bad i was there yesterday all i keep hearing is shootings loud music it is as bad as watts and h.p.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles