U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 PM

11,948 posts, read 13,097,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
Of course some Mexican immigrants are leaving LA. What does that matter? When 1 person leaves, two more arrive.
Then why is LAUSD enrollment going down across the board on every level? A friend of mine works at an LAUSD elementary school in a predominately Latino neighborhood and has mentioned how so many families have left.

Perhaps "family flight" isnt confined to the middle class, upper middle class and wealthy anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 AM

26,362 posts, read 54,427,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Then why is LAUSD enrollment going down across the board on every level? A friend of mine works at an LAUSD elementary school in a predominately Latino neighborhood and has mentioned how so many families have left.

Perhaps "family flight" isnt confined to the middle class, upper middle class and wealthy anymore?
Demographics in general? Not an affordable region to raise a family, therefore less kids? People raising their kids out of LAUSD areas?

Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 PM

11,948 posts, read 13,097,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Demographics in general? Not an affordable region to raise a family, therefore less kids? People raising their kids out of LAUSD areas?
Exactly.
Although as I've mentioned here before the "family flight" trend, which understandably began in westside LAUSD areas, is even affecting non-LAUSD parts of the westside such as Culver City and Beverly Hills.
Santa Monica seems to be less affected - I've only noticed it in Ocean Park but nowhere else in SM.
In any case, it's no surprise it would eventually spread not only to upper class, upper middle class, and middle class areas, but to working class and poor areas as well.
I suppose many of those Latino kids who used to go to LAUSD schools in mostly Latino parts of town are now in the AV or IE or out of state.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 PM

3,266 posts, read 8,991,953 times
Yeah. Many low income families are moving to Lancaster/Palmdale and the Apple Valley. Sadly, that's where the gangs are moving also, so these families that are moving for lower cost of living will have to handle all of the violence out there.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:09 PM

3,030 posts, read 5,639,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAAngel2008 View Post
Global warming is the biggest hoax in history. Most of the warming occured years ago caused by solar flare ups not mankind. In the Bible it says that God is in control of the world that he created so therefore mankind canot have any effect that is no more than temporary. GW is a hoax by liberal fanatics who want to control your life. It is the new communism do not buy in to it folks research the issue for yourself and see

John Coleman says Global Warming is a hoax (broken link)
Brought to you by the same folks who invented creationism, more popularly called "intelligent" design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAAngel2008 View Post
Let me guess, the creationist museum in Austin cooked up this one?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM

236 posts, read 766,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Brought to you by the same folks who invented creationism, more popularly called "intelligent" design.

Let me guess, the creationist museum in Austin cooked up this one?
How can you deny that the universe was created by an intelligent being? Just contemplate the perfection and detail of the smallest flower, and multiply that times a zillion, and how can you deny it? Oh, we're all just here by accident, right?

Check out "The Hidden Face of God" by Gerald Shroeder. Science actually proves God's existence!!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM

723 posts, read 2,158,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Science actually proves God's existence!!
Science cannot prove that a person lived, let alone God.

Show me scientific proof that Abraham Lincoln existed.

You cannot.

~

Humans rely on historical data to "prove" beings. Not scientific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles