Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 09:32 AM

12 posts, read 14,429 times

Advertisements

Hi, I would appreciate any advice on apartments in Glendale. I need to get a 6-month lease, and it needs to be a two bedroom or more. Schools are not an issue. I was looking into American at Brand. Has anyone lived there and can give advice on the area? My most important criteria is safety. I wanted an apartment that is secure as far as people walking into and out of the building, and also safe parking. My daughter needs to be out there for six months, and I (or other people in the family) will be traveling back and forth. The reason I thought American might be good is if we only have one car then at least there is plenty to do there.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 01:35 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,528 times
Where are you working?

Old 05-03-2014, 01:58 PM

In Glendale on Flower Street.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:56 AM

231 posts, read 382,010 times
Too much traffic in that area of Glendale.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:09 PM

Too much traffic at the Americana? Would it be hard to get out in the morning to get to work? I am not familiar with anything in Glendale. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:19 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine107 View Post
Too much traffic at the Americana? Would it be hard to get out in the morning to get to work? I am not familiar with anything in Glendale. Any advice would be appreciated.
By LA standards, nah. Your commute is really short, no need to hop on a freeway, so a little traffic won't be an issue anyway.

Amenities within walking distance is a huge plus there. It's in the downtown area.

The Residences at the Americana at Brand, Glendale CA - Walk Score

Glendale was recently named one of the safest mid-sized cities in America: Glendale, CA Named Safest Mid-sized City in America

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 05-06-2014 at 08:27 PM..

Old 05-06-2014, 11:50 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
Glendale is safe unless you're a pedestrian. I've read of a few vehicle/pedestrian accidents, and a good friend of mine was hit by a car there (her legs are now held together with rods and pins).

Old 05-07-2014, 08:50 AM

231 posts, read 382,010 times
Glendale traffic sucks and the drivers are asses. Especially around rush hour and lunch time near the Americana it is a pain. I avoid Glendale like the plague. However you are just going to Flower st. so the commute won't be bad. As far as Pedestrians/bikers go, there have been quite a number of incidents in the area, but to be fair, all of LA County has a problem with it.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:59 PM

Thank you all for your advice. I thought Americana would be nice because it seems very convenient with everything being in one place. Like I said, my biggest concern is safety. It seems like it is a very secure building.

As far as pedestrian accidents, are the drivers just bad drivers? Or is it because of speeding? Would it be better going over to Burbank - closer to the Glendale side though? If so, any recommendations on apartments there that are very secure?

Old 05-07-2014, 03:01 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,973,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine107 View Post
Thank you all for your advice. I thought Americana would be nice because it seems very convenient with everything being in one place. Like I said, my biggest concern is safety. It seems like it is a very secure building.

As far as pedestrian accidents, are the drivers just bad drivers? Or is it because of speeding? Would it be better going over to Burbank - closer to the Glendale side though? If so, any recommendations on apartments there that are very secure?
I'm am always a little extra careful when driving/walking in Glendale. They have the highest car accident rates in CA. Just keep an eye out for the erratically driven Mercedes and BMWs with dealer plates blasting loud music, and you should be ok. In reality, the area is safe from a crime standpoint, and you'd still have to drive through Glendale to get to work, so you might as well live there. One warning, never use your ATM/debit card at the gas station pumps, only your credit card. Stealing credit card info is the only crime common in that area, and better they take a credit card which is automatically protected against fraud than to have them empty out your bank account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles