Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 PM

546 posts, read 817,933 times

Advertisements

I sure as heck was not there. But the official LAPD story is that Ms. Nguyen jaywalked right after the cops questioned her and her male friends. That is why they picked her up (and not them).

That said, let's suppose for a moment that the cops involved did NOT grope her or anything of the sort, the police officers are still grossly negligent in not locking the car with a drunk, out of control suspect in the car. Regardless that she is much smaller than the cops. As this quote from another story notes it is official LAPD policy to lock the car doors when transporting a suspect:

"The back doors to patrol cars", Smith of the LAPD said, "are equipped with special locks that officers are supposed to engage when transporting a suspect."

Those cops F&*ed up big time. Big time settlement is coming her way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Exactly. I can't imagine the anguish of someone who is a father of a young woman, and this happens. These type of cases are why people were rooting for Christopher Dorner last year.
i see ZERO similarity between the two cases. Dorner was a nutjob who wasted cops.

This woman was publicly intoxicated and at worst tried to jump out of a police car.

I will be the first to admit that SOME cops are bullies with power trips. But there is no way in hell i would ever root for Dorner! That is crazy.

Whatever happend to Dorner there is no justification for killing cops.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
I sure as heck was not there. But the official LAPD story is that Ms. Nguyen jaywalked right after the cops questioned her and her male friends. That is why they picked her up (and not them).

That said, let's suppose for a moment that the cops involved did NOT grope her or anything of the sort, the police officers are still grossly negligent in not locking the car with a drunk, out of control suspect in the car. Regardless that she is much smaller than the cops. As this quote from another story notes it is official LAPD policy to lock the car doors when transporting a suspect:

"The back doors to patrol cars", Smith of the LAPD said, "are equipped with special locks that officers are supposed to engage when transporting a suspect."

Those cops F&*ed up big time. Big time settlement is coming her way.
Courtesy of the taxpayers....Another reason why L.A can't provide basic services.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 PM

367 posts, read 673,076 times
Quote:
even ones like Cicinelli and Ramos, Fullerton's finest?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt123 View Post
even ones like Cicinelli and Ramos, Fullerton's finest?
I was referring specifically to Dorner's case.

But hypothetically if an innocent man (or person) is physically in danger at the hands of a police officer than by all means killing said police officer would be justified.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
I don't know what will happen. I do think her being a slosh does damage her credibility. But watching the video, things don't make sense. They round a corner slowly, then they're off camera for a bit, and then zoom in, and she's on the ground sprawled.

Also aren't these doors only supposed to open from the outside? How did she "tumble out" by any fault of her own if she's on the inside?

Again, I do find it weird that in 2 hours she went from this

to nearly dead from bleeding on the brain, and her dress pulled down to her waist and her bra strap loose. Also, the police reported 3 drunk people, 2 males and 1 female. Why is the female the one taken away and the 2 drunk guys left to continue partying?
Also, why wasn't she handcuffed as well?

I believe what she's saying. I believe it's also not the first time these cops did something like this either.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 960 times
The affidavit in the case of the other LAPD rape cops Jim Valuenzuela and Luis Valenzuela who were just recently caught [url=http://documents.latimes.com/search-warrant-affidavit-nichols-and-valenzula-investigation/]Search warrant affidavit in Nichols and Valenzula investigation - Documents - Los Angeles Times[/url] -- one officer in driver's seat, his partner in the back seat forcing women to give blowjobs.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,632 times
Quote:
i see ZERO similarity between the two cases. Dorner was a nutjob who wasted cops.

This woman was publicly intoxicated and at worst tried to jump out of a police car.

I will be the first to admit that SOME cops are bullies with power trips. But there is no way in hell i would ever root for Dorner! That is crazy.

Relax, I'm not comparing the two cases, no need to overreact.

But if you actually read Christopher Dorner's manifesto, this is exactly the crap he is complaining about, i.e - consistent abuse of power within the LAPD.

It's things like this, and them firing 200 shots at a truck with two old mexican women, when they are looking for a black guy, that gives credence to people like Dorner who are pointing out the exact same thing!

Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Also, why wasn't she handcuffed as well?

I believe what she's saying. I believe it's also not the first time these cops did something like this either.
Exactly. Back door wasn't locked, no handcuffs, and she appears stripped down to her underwear. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions yet, but this situation looks highly suspect.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,308 times
Most PD's in are problematic in general with too many bad seeds. There needs to be higher qualifications to enter the force. More education is a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles