Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,069 times

Advertisements

I have a 4 month internship in West L.A starting in January. I am 20/ F and would like to live in a safe and young adult oriented area. I will have to bus to get places, so i would like to live in close proximity to retaurants and entertainment places. I am not familiar with West L.A so i was hoping to get some help in finding a good location to live. I understand that rent prices are high, but money is not an issue for me. Any advice on my stay in L.A and where i should live would be helpful.

I have found a apartment i liked in culver city, but i heard it was a more residential and family oriented area..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 AM

830 posts, read 2,859,593 times
West LA is a very good area. I've lived there for three years now having moved from Dallas. It's right in the middle of Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, Culver City, etc. You're close to both the 405 and 10 freeways, are 4 miles from the beach, 13 miles from downtown, 15 miles from South Bay (Redondo, Manhattan, Hermosa beaches), etc.

Buses run frequently and you can get just about anywhere you want, although depending on where your apartment is you might have to walk a bit to the nearest bus stop.

There are plenty of restaurants and bars close by, many within walking distance if you don't mind a 15-20 minute walk. Worst case you just hop on the bus or find a friend to cart you around.

I've never had a problem with safety, although certainly there is crime in the area. But there is crime in Beverly Hills too, so...

Where are you interning? The closer to work the better. Perhaps you could even find a place within walking distance.

I should also mention you would be very close to UCLA, which means plenty of people your age to meet.

Last edited by motoman; 12-07-2007 at 09:46 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM

186 posts, read 659,379 times
I'd try Brentwood. It's a lot closer to UCLA, has easy bus access, is safe and is populated by a lot of graduate students and recent grads. Try the area around Barrington and San Vicente.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,069 times
Thank you for the replies, it has been helpful in searching for a good area. I am flying out to L.A in 2 days, so I hope to get a better grasp of the different areas then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles