Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,940 times

Advertisements

I've lived in anaverde since may 2005, i must say it's a nice community!! I still have all of the same neighbors since 2005. The only negative is not continuing the construction of this gorgeous neighborhood situated in the hills of anaverde!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,504 times
I have been getting weekly e-mails regarding burglaries in Anaverde Hills. Kids come to your door, and if you're not home they advise a van/or car down the block and they break in a window or glass door and steal your belongings... assuming you are not HOME... Soooo... Our great HOA people have sent us various e-mails advising us to ANSWER our doors, so the would be intruders would know we are home, and they don't "ROB" us of our belongings! That is their answer. AFter we pay extra taxes in MELLA Roos... as well as a monthly HOA fee. We were supposed to have security... and a firestation... etc. etc. etc. But of course, the whole place went BANKRUPT... and left us with disgruntled neighbors.

Thank you Anaverde HOA! So i'm sure we will b/c I'm thinking about applying to rent my house out to Section 8, soon have Section 8 coming to Anaverde soon, b/c I can pay my mortgage, but am willing to move back to L.A. City. rather than put up with people breaking into my home...

Old 08-22-2013, 03:12 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,516,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
My uncle had rentals and allowed section 8. Each house was burnt to the ground by tenants.
How sure are you that it was the tenants who lit the fires and not the neighbors who were sick to death of them?

Last edited by kttam186290; 08-22-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 PM

Anaverde is okay, but it is getting better. Unfortunately, it was one of the last communities in Palmdale to be built before the housing market tanked, so it bore the brunt of the crash, but things are changing for the better.

Now that housing prices have gone up all around the Antelope Valley, a lot of the landlords (aka "slumlords") are starting to sell off their Section 8 properties to legitimate home owners who are ready and willing to move in. This has had the effect of changing many parts of Palmdale and Lancaster for the better and Anaverde is one of those parts that is changing for the better. The live-in homeowner to renter ratio is quickly favoring the live-in homeowner and you can see it in the improvements in the neighborhood there.

I have a co-worker/friend who lives in Anaverde and I will often drive out there from LA to visit her and my brother who also lives in Palmdale.

And now that the economy is picking up again, you will see more infrastructure being put into the Anaverde community.

Many of the homes that were formerly occupied by Section 8 renters are going to live-in homeowners now and its looking a lot better. It makes you wonder, though, where are the Section 8 creeps moving to now?

I have heard they are going to Victorville, Hesperia and Las Vegas now where there is a lot of empty, cheap housing and it makes sense since they can take their voucher anywhere in the U.S.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHtoBaltimore View Post
If you are unfamiliar with Section 8, subsidized housing, then you probably do not want to live in an area that accepts this government program to support low income tenants.
If you are moving from out of state, then there is an assumption that you already have a job in Palmdale, and the relocation company is guiding you. If you are just moving from another So Cal location - without employment, then it's probably a good idea to take time to research the neighborhood to see what the neighborhood looks like and if there are Section 8 landlords next door. I 'accidently' purchased a home in North Las Vegas as an investment, only to find out that just about all of my neighbors have rented out their investment units to Section 8 qualified tenants. Needless to say, my unit will be empty again next week as I search for yet another replacement tenant. Good luck to both of us.

Las Vegas and Victorville, CA are the new Section 8 capitals of the West Coast, thanks to investor slumlords!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles