Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:50 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,914,090 times

Advertisements

New, grand opening Walmart Supercenter store opening today at South Gate, CA location. This store is going to be insanely-crowded with full parking lot all the time, due to higher population density in that area, for years to come.

South Gate Wal-Mart to open Wednesday - Los Angeles Wave: Business

I only wish South Gate isn't 95% Hispanic population, though. This is going to be a scary shopping experience (I'm Asian) when I'll visit there today.

Let me know what you think...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 04:56 AM

One thing to note, sales tax rate in South Gate is 10%.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 AM

367 posts, read 668,954 times
woooo!!!!

they're all over the southeast and sgv, why would you go to that one if you're concerned with the demographics? go to the one in rosemead if you want to see asians during your lovely walmart shopping experience

Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,363,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
New, grand opening Walmart Supercenter store opening today at South Gate, CA location. This store is going to be insanely-crowded with full parking lot all the time, due to higher population density in that area, for years to come.

I only wish South Gate isn't 95% Hispanic population, though. This is going to be a scary shopping experience (I'm Asian) when I'll visit there today.

The real reason this thread was made.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post

At least you don't have to worry about getting in a car accident.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,820,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinla1 View Post
At least you don't have to worry about getting in a car accident.
I was going to correct you and say "but he's Asian". But I think the route you were going for is that because all Hispanics are poor and take the bus, there will be no one for the Asian OP to crash into... ?

Old 04-09-2014, 01:45 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,417,191 times
I think it was more directed against Asians. Maybe?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt123 View Post
woooo!!!!

they're all over the southeast and sgv, why would you go to that one if you're concerned with the demographics? go to the one in rosemead if you want to see asians during your lovely walmart shopping experience
Rosemead is a good store, except it doesn't open 24 hours. This area has around 61% Asian and 34% Hispanic average, certainly more diverse than South Gate with 95% Hispanic.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:03 PM

362 posts, read 540,828 times
Pushy is pushy regardless of ethnicity. Just check out the reviews of the Alhambra Costco:

Costco - Alhambra - Alhambra, CA | Yelp

Review #2 addresses your specific concern. Same problem, different race.

Everyone wants a deal. If the thought of a customer onslaught bothers you, go at a different time. Personally, I can make it in and out of Costco within 10 minutes, because I go on an unpopular day at a less congested time, I take a list and resist the urge to browse. You should try that.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
I was going to correct you and say "but he's Asian". But I think the route you were going for is that because all Hispanics are poor and take the bus, there will be no one for the Asian OP to crash into... ?
I guess I'm just afraid of people who drive 20mph below the speed limit when there is no traffic. I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles