Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 01:56 AM

133 posts, read 534,325 times

Advertisements

I've found some apartments in Los Angeles, and they look alright from the website. They're managed by a company called the SWEL Group, and my boyfriend and I have been looking at the reviews, and the ratings seem to b relatively high for the ones we're interested in.

Swelgroup.com Properties - Hollywood Los Angeles, California - Listings - Rentals, Historic Apartments For Rent

We really like Seranno Towers, the DuBarry, and the Barclay. Like I said before, they've been getting alright reviews online. We're going to be going out to LA in March to take a look at these and a few of the others we've seen, but I just wanted to know if anyone's lived/living in these apartments before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 AM

47 posts, read 170,441 times
Check apartmentratings.com

I read the review of Serrano on there and it was not flattering.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM

830 posts, read 2,859,593 times
Those prices look too good to be true. I would be very leery. Bad area maybe?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM

153 posts, read 637,322 times
I can tell you personally that swel group is GREAT. I lived at St. Andrews Manor for 3 years and I'd still be there if not for a job change. They have a fairly stringent screening process and that pretty much keeps any undesireables out. Maintenance was responsive and prompt. The buildings really are kept in fantastic condition. The pics on their website do not lie. Again, I've only lived at one building, but I have friends eho live in The Langham and I've been in The Barclay. My friends LOVE The Langham, but I do think the Barclay could use a bit more work.

These buildings are nice. The neighborhoods could be classified as nice, "character" and Hollywood. You'll have to decide for yourself, but I KNOW you could do worse and I think you'd have a hard time doing better (you get a lot for your $$- all utilities, nice hardwood floors, sometimes parking, etc).

Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,417,589 times
I'm really curious too. These places look REALLY nice for the price they are charging. I've seen completely crappy studios for way more then what they are charging....

Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 PM

153 posts, read 637,322 times
Seriously, they are that nice. PM me if you'd like some specific info.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalagonegaga View Post
Seriously, they are that nice. PM me if you'd like some specific info.
I plan on moving to these apartments. do you recommend?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 PM

106 posts, read 171,134 times

Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 AM

4 posts, read 7,465 times
i am moving to LA and turned in a rental app for the barklay today! i would love more info tho, i originally wanted the langham but its full and a little out of my price range at the moment, tho if possible id like to transfer when theres an opening, but does anyone have more info on barclay?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,867 times
DO NOT DO IT! They quoted me one price and the day I submitted my application, the price on their website went up $200. They would not honor the original price at the time that I applied. This company is shady. Beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles