Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,783,477 times

Advertisements

the san juan mission and old barn? lol bore him to death why dont u pacific
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,663,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
the san juan mission and old barn? lol bore him to death why dont u pacific
I guess about 500,000/year are bored to death visiting the mission and the nearby Old Barn ("rugged" with saw dust floors & not a typical antique store). There must be tons of corpses on the streets of Capistrano.

See, if fewer people in this region thought like you, then maybe we would have lots of worthwhile cultural amenities. Can't spend all of your time staring at the ocean.

Last edited by pacific2; 07-15-2014 at 02:26 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 02:35 PM

13 posts, read 9,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
IMHO, OC is too far for such a short trip. Besides Disneyland, I can't think of anything in OC that is unique to that area that you couldn't experience in LA. The culture is slightly different, but not by much. OC is also fairly large, so if you do head down there, make sure you know exactly where you want to be so you're not spending all your time driving around.
Really I just want to go to the beach out there and get a feel for the vibe of the OC.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The subway (redline) goes directly from Hollywood or Downtown LA to Universal Studios, if that is on the OP's agenda. No need for a tour bus for that attraction if he/she stays close to a redline/purple line stop.
I've been looking into the metro, and I think that helps out with the downtown LA and Hollywood parts of the trip. I think it'll take me 2.5 days to see everything I want to see in the Hollywood/Downtown/Beverly Hills area

My initial plan was to stay somewhere for 3 nights in Hollywood/West Hollywood or somewhere close. But after reading some of the thoughts I'm now considering staying in Hollywood for 2 nights and then maybe Venice Beach/Santa Monica for a night, before driving to OC.

Thoughts?

Old 07-15-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautilusB View Post
Really I just want to go to the beach out there and get a feel for the vibe of the OC.
if you wanna do an OC beach thing, laguna beach if your answer.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'd first stay at a hotel in Hollywood a night or two. There are tour busses that go from hotel to the attractions like Universal City, etc. Most of the nightlife/clubs are located in that area as well.

Then stay in Santa Monica for a night or two. Drive down to OC., then return to LA for departure.
This sounds like a ideal move. I want to see the tourist sites of hollywood and beverly hills. Any ideal tour companies I can look into?

Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
if you wanna do an OC beach thing, laguna beach if your answer.
Laguna? Thats one place I wanted to check out too.

I cant DM you back but that message was the s**t, appreciate it brother

Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM

no worries. im not too up on tour busses since LA is so spread out, but might be ok
in Hollywood there's all that type of info at the Chinese Graumann's theater

Old 07-15-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
no worries. im not too up on tour busses since LA is so spread out, but might be ok
in Hollywood there's all that type of info at the Chinese Graumann's theater
Im checking out some now taking what you said about BH into account. I figure I can knock out Beverly Hills and some of the other tourist sites on a tour bus one morning and use the other half of the day to check out some other places, so far I'm thinking

Thursday
Downtown LA/Hollywood areas

Friday
Tour Bus in the AM
Sunset Strip/Hollywood

Saturday
Venice/Santa Monica

I'd really like to drive down to OC on Sunday, but I would be open to renting a car on Saturday to go to Venice/Santa Monica, stay overnight and drive to OC in the morning.

Any tourist sites I'm missing?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,408,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautilusB View Post
This sounds like a ideal move. I want to see the tourist sites of hollywood and beverly hills. Any ideal tour companies I can look into?
Here's a link to a hotel list from one of these tour bus companies.

There's quite a lot of hotels that participate in this sort of thing all over town. And different tour companies as well.

When you make your reservation I'd give the hotel a call to find out if they have any tour bus companies that pick up/drop off at the hotel.

Los Angeles Sightseeing Tours Complimentary Hotel Pick-up Schedule

Sightseeing Tour Bus Company
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles