U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2014, 12:06 PM
 
25,383 posts, read 24,162,302 times
Reputation: 23787

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
You really think the fapper is going to care about any of that stuff?
No, he's looking for attention because he's lonely and sad and in real life, nobody pays attention to him, whereas if he posts something triggering on some forum, at least people will focus on him for that little amount of time.

But I figured what the heck, may as well answer it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2014, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,361,854 times
Reputation: 645
angry texans ITT

if you like your state better than California, good, stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 12:59 PM
 
5,917 posts, read 4,060,433 times
Reputation: 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
You really think the fapper is going to care about any of that stuff?
At least until the free wifi at Panera lasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 01:26 PM
 
Location: LBC
4,155 posts, read 4,297,913 times
Reputation: 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
You're being trolled dude. Don't respond to him, he'll get infuriated that he's not getting any attention and eventually he will go away. He will likely come back, but just look for the cues.
Yep. This particular troll is too dense to recognize his many "tells".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 01:33 PM
 
25,383 posts, read 24,162,302 times
Reputation: 23787
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
At least until the free wifi at Panera lasts.
Ha. (snort)

Or until Mom screams downstairs to the basement to him to get off his lazy azz and take out the garbage and SHE KNOWS HE'S LOOKING AT THAT EVIL PORNATION DOWN THERE and why the hell isn't he busy getting a job like other 40-year-olds.

She screams it in an appealing Texan accent, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 02:23 PM
 
13 posts, read 82,009 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
WTF?

Can I ask where you live that the only things you hear about SoCal that are positive are the weather, Disneyland and the beach? Surely you can't live in SoCal if this is all you're hearing?

Sure, I'll give more examples. The diversity, the amazing culture, about a bajillion things to do and see in L.A., acceptance of uniqueness (in various areas...there will always be non-accepting people anywhere you go and of course some people, anywhere, just can't abide different interests, heritage or what-have-you), awesome music culture, awesome art culture, certain particular types of jobs that a person may be drawn to, family members also living there, certain colleges, food, the ability to choose a completely different "vibe" from locale to locale (I live in the 'burbs, but can drive 10 miles in any given direction and find a different vibe/style of the town), local to the mountains (depending upon where you are), amazing geographic diversity (the beach, mountains, desert, farms of any description all within driving distance). Do you want some more?

Again, I will ask this question, and although I know you're not looking for actual discourse but rather to push buttons and get attention: Where do you live and where have you lived in the past? Have you ever lived in SoCal and if so, for how long?
none of that is unique to los angeles. what you described exists in any major city, anywhere in the world.

in fact, los angeles rates extremely lowly/poorly when it comes to cultural venues, here's the data: Top 20 U.S. Cities for Culture: Cultural Venues Density per City Population

i grew up in rolling hills and have lived in hermosa beach, marina del rey, west la (cheviot hills) and hollywood.

other places i've lived in california are san francisco (knob hill / castro), oakland (jack london area), berkeley (right above shattuck near campus).

those are just california... i've spent the past 2.5 years traveling/investing throught texas and south florida. lived in mahttan for a while too, down in the battery and also in the ues.

internationally: zürich, hong kong, london, mexico city, with extensive travel throughout asia/western europe/south america.

i can say with absolute certainty, that los angeles is mediocre and far inferior to many of these locales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
 
25,383 posts, read 24,162,302 times
Reputation: 23787
^ And you couldn't make it and now you're pissed.

Look, you're in Texas, everyone's dream locale, :rofl: so what could possibly be making you miserable enough to come onto a forum to b*tch about some place you don't even live in? LOL. Did one of your four luxury 4000-sq. ft. homes at $10,000 each collapse or something?

Cheer up.

And go take out the freakin' garbage like Mom has been telling you to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 02:29 PM
 
13 posts, read 82,009 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
You're being trolled dude. Don't respond to him, he'll get infuriated that he's not getting any attention and eventually he will go away. He will likely come back, but just look for the cues.
that's not it how works. when facts, figures, statistics, etc. are not in your favour, you can't just magically call someone a "troll" and disregard the data/person.

that is a central tenet of liberalism (along with cults like scientology) and a big reason why california's such a dysfunctional place. instead of honestly addressing reality, people would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

what's hilarious is these same leftist types constantly ridicule bible thumping creationists, while claiming to be the "rational" ones.

that's a big reason why los angeles is despised by so many people. in comparison to a lot of the world/country, it seems like everyone is living in la la land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 02:34 PM
 
25,383 posts, read 24,162,302 times
Reputation: 23787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton Santigo View Post
that's not it how works. when facts, figures, statistics, etc. are not in your favour, you can't just magically call someone a "troll" and disregard the data/person.

that is a central tenet of liberalism (along with cults like scientology) and a big reason why california's such a dysfunctional place. instead of honestly addressing reality, people would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

what's hilarious is these same leftist types constantly ridicule bible thumping creationists, while claiming to be the "rational" ones.

that's a big reason why los angeles is despised by so many people. in comparison to a lot of the world/country, it seems like everyone is living in la la land.
I actually really like these kinds of posts, because they don't make me feel worse about L.A., they remind me of the things about it that I really love. Points are made that just bring up all reasons we wanted to be here in the first place, if we're not from here, or why we choose to stay, for people who have always lived here.

I don't mind when a faction of people who just don't have the skills, education and so on to stay move on. That's one less car in rush hour traffic! Bit by bit, people, bit by bit.

I would never encourage someone who manages to hate it here to stay...people should be happy...so move on. But if you're really happy, then there's no legitimate reason to go out of your way to continue to complain...especially about a place that doesn't even affect you any more because you're nowhere near it. Go, be happy, that is everybody's right, no matter where they live and where they aim to move to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,832 posts, read 7,324,493 times
Reputation: 6288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton Santigo View Post
none of that is unique to los angeles. what you described exists in any major city, anywhere in the world.

in fact, los angeles rates extremely lowly/poorly when it comes to cultural venues, here's the data: Top 20 U.S. Cities for Culture: Cultural Venues Density per City Population

i grew up in rolling hills and have lived in hermosa beach, marina del rey, west la (cheviot hills) and hollywood.

other places i've lived in california are san francisco (knob hill / castro), oakland (jack london area), berkeley (right above shattuck near campus).

those are just california... i've spent the past 2.5 years traveling/investing throught texas and south florida. lived in mahttan for a while too, down in the battery and also in the ues.

internationally: zürich, hong kong, london, mexico city, with extensive travel throughout asia/western europe/south america.

i can say with absolute certainty, that los angeles is mediocre and far inferior to many of these locales.
Fascinating resume, we're all extremely riveted.

Your link only shows how idiotic "per capita" arguments can be. Even Miami has more culture than the city that topped that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top