Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Santiago View Post
los angeles is ridiculously phony in comparison to the east coast.

it's not "laid back" or "relaxed", people are just passive aggressive and will stab you in the back.

beneath the veneer, most people are just as greedy/selfish/materialistic/etc. as nyc.

it's just in california they'll pay through the nose to play makebelieve bohemian (think bk on steroids, except it covers a huge chunk of the metro area).

don't be fooled.
You seriously forgot to re-sign in as Clifford Santiago and came here as Cadillac Santiago instead to continue to troll?

With all that time in your mom's basement avoiding getting a job, you couldn't get that much straight?

Look more carefully next time before you hit the button.

Look, I'm sure we are all very sorry that you simply couldn't make things work in SoCal and that you have decided sour-graping will assuage the pain somehow. That latter part is where I don't feel sorry for you. Even my youngest child knows better than to pass the buck and blame another person (or in your case, place) for his failures. Get it together, Cad. I'm sorry, Cliff, rather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnus butta View Post
good. go take care of your children instead of seeking the approval/attention of men on the internet.

i only deal in drop dead gorgeous, intelligent broads aged 22-24 who are over 5'9" and under 120#

shoo.
Cliff, what, did you seriously get banned again THIS fast? That is definitely a C-D record.

Well, unless there's another socially crippled C-D member who can't find the shift button wandering around here. I guess it's possible. Scary but but possible.

My little ones are in bed, I don't let them stay up all night on the computer creating new usernames. But I appreciate your concern and I'm sure they do too.

By the way, Mom says if you're playing with it down there in the basement, she's taking away your cigarette money. Just a heads-up.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,858,119 times
Quote:
good. go take care of your children instead of seeking the approval/attention of men on the internet.

i only deal in drop dead gorgeous, intelligent broads aged 22-24 who are over 5'9" and under 120#

shoo.
yeah ok, have fun with all 10 of them that exist in the world.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:48 AM

555 posts, read 804,387 times
Quote:

shoo.
minor point, but someone 5'9" and under 120 lbs is unhealthy and underweight according to the NIH -- not attractive at all. one suspects these numbers were thrown out without any real experience with a woman this actual height and weight.

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLuv1 View Post
I was in LA for 1 week and I must say I really enjoyed my stay. I did the usual touristy things such as going to Hollywood, Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive, etc. The thing that I liked more than anything was the fact that people seem more laid back and accepting of each other. Here in NYC we have a lot of multi-racial couples but from what I saw in LA there is no comparison. I saw so many black males with whites, Hispanics and some Asians and as a black man I felt like this is where I want to live since it seems like no one makes an issue out of it. Is this correct in my observation that no one really cares if a black man dates outside his race in LA? I always heard that Mexicans hate blacks but I saw many Latinas with black men during my week in LA so I am not sure if that is true. Thanks and I hope to be back again.
Overall, I would not say it's a big deal, though you may want to avoid areas with a strong Latino gang presence. I think who you date depends more on your interests, socio-economic background, job sector, religion (if that's important to you), who you hang out with and where, etc. Of course, there will be people with personal preferences when it comes to the ethnicity of their dates, but even if they have their preferences, that doesn't mean they're going to dictate what your preferences should be, if that makes sense.

Of course, if you go around dating other ethnicities and do so in a way that parades around your woman of a different ethnicity like some flavor of the month, then you may get talked about. Similarly, if you date a non-black woman and go about town like you're make a statement about how black women are all unattractive to you, and your non-black date clings closer to you and flips her hair every time you two pass a black woman, well, you will get talked about. It's all about your approach and attitude, IMO.

Growing up here, I remember people dating based on social group. In high school, for example, that often meant jocks dated jocks, band geeks dated band geeks, drama folks dated drama folks, etc.; ethnicity never really entered the equation as far as I could see. It's the same in college and in the workplace, IMO. Mixing every which way has happened for a long time in L.A. Don't believe the spiteful, self-serving myths about blacks and Latinos not dating, about white women not dating Asian men, etc. I've seen these pairings and many others. Been to the weddings. Been to the baby showers. Received wedding and birth announcements from their now grown multi-ethnic kids. Nothing new here, folks.

LA is a big place. That means you will run into people with all kinds of opinions. But I do agree that interethnic couples are not a big deal generally speaking. Sure, there might be some stranger who might disapprove of your relationship for whatever reason, but it's unlikely you'll have strangers coming up to you saying negative things about your interethnic relationship. (Things may be different between friends or family, but that's how it is wherever you go.)

For a more general view of the city, I would recommend going to more "neutral" places that attract more locals (instead of tourist magnets like Hollywood, Venice, Rodeo, etc.) like the California Science Center, Natural History Museum, LACMA, MOCA, La Brea Tar Pits, Griffith Observatory (although a lot of tourists do go to the observatory), Grand Central Market, and Old Town Pasadena to get a better cross section of the LA area population. You'll see a lot of mixed couples but also mixed families as well. Actually, mixed families are a better indicator of how accepted mixing is, if you think about it. The CA Science Center, Natural History Museum, tar pits, and observatory are great places to see families with little kids, and you may see a great deal of mixing there, depending on the day you visit. LACMA and MOCA might be a better place for looking at couples on dates. LACMA has open air music events that provide good people watching opportunities: Music Programs | LACMA.

Best of luck if you do come back.

Last edited by sydlee; 09-21-2014 at 07:14 AM..

Old 09-21-2014, 06:58 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydlee View Post
minor point, but someone 5'9" and under 120 lbs is unhealthy and underweight according to the NIH -- not attractive at all. one suspects these numbers were thrown out without any real experience with a woman this actual height and weight.

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator
True but it is the size of your average "supermodel" It reminds me of when body builder Mohammed Benaziz died hours after winning a contest in 1992. The best looking in the sport of attractiveness are hovering near death to win.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
True but it is the size of your average "supermodel" It reminds me of when body builder Mohammed Benaziz died hours after winning a contest in 1992. The best looking in the sport of attractiveness are hovering near death to win.
That is a good point. I guess to each his own.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:39 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lterease View Post
To: NYCLuv1

In response to your post, I am an African-American woman, and I could care less who you as a black man dates. It sounds like YOU have the problem with black women. Who cares who you date, it's as if you're implying since you did not choose a black woman and chose another race, we are somehow at a loss. Me personally, it would be a rare case where I would choose a black man. Met too many who give me grief regarding too many areas to name (but your statement can be added to the list)! Live your life and stop caring about what anyone else thinks, let alone a black woman who probably wouldn't care to date you either. Welcome to LA if you ever relocate here. :-))

Oh dear... it sounds very much that you DO care whom OP dates.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 AM

I think there are quite a few women with those specifications - after all, some people are naturally thin (I remember my 5'7" friend could never get over 108) and many women super-diet - but unfortunately, none of these women are going to be interested in the poster.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:14 PM

^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles