Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:36 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvckscvle View Post
He is actually right. LA has a very cold stand offish vibe. Like everyone for themselves. People do not help anyone here. I have seen a young girl in a wheel chair on sunset and cahuenga crying with a sign that said help, and everyone and their mother walk by like they don't even see her. oh and did I mention LA has the biggest homeless problem more then any other place in the world? and not to sound racist but mexicans and Hispanics have free reign here, meaning LA was the place where you could go and not get messed with if you were an illegal. They say there are 20 million or so people in LA, but it is more like 40 million with all the illegals. Go to any home depot in the morning and see the long lines of our hispanic brothers waiting to get picked up. LA in general is like 75% hispanics. Hollywood in general is mostly hispanics, but you have little armenia, and koreatown, etc, but even in those areas, hispanics are prominent. They even took over the black neighborhoods. Go to south central, like 40th and normandie, used to be all blacks, now its all hispanics. but this one thing makes LA less racist and more open to other colors. I knew a chinese guy who owned an apartment downtown and I heard him talking perfect spanish once, I asked him "you know spanish"? and he said 'living in LA, how could you not know spanish? The folk in beverly hills or the westside may be confused about this, but the more deeper you get into LA, the more real it gets, and the more colored it gets. Let it be known I am half puerto rican so I do not see color but I am being honest.
Chill out. El A is not that bad. It all depends on your perspective in life. The people in front of Home Depot are just trying to put food on the table for their families. They bring no harm to you. If you don't like certain areas, just move to a place more suitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 PM

26 posts, read 23,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
Chill out. El A is not that bad. It all depends on your perspective in life. The people in front of Home Depot are just trying to put food on the table for their families. They bring no harm to you. If you don't like certain areas, just move to a place more suitable.
Exactly what i said in a previous post. It is all your perspective in life.
You can either look at life very honestly and see all the crap, or you can turn a blind eye and not let it bother you so much. for the money it costs to live here it is not worth my time anymore. And I am a true LA veteran. Most people in LA are from other places, so all they have to compare LA to is the little towns they came from. I have lived In Oregon, Vegas, LA, and I can say LA is not the most desired place to live. But to each his own. The only place in LA that has the lightest clearest vibe is Malibu (which is absurdly expensive). Anything away from that moving towards the city and you begin to feel the heaviness of LA. This is something beyond your 'perception' as I read and feel energy and all places carry with them a certain "vibration" or frequency......this is science...If you have a city where people are killing each other, and robbing each other, and raping one another that creates a certain "vibe" and "energy" in that area. Now in you live in an area that carries with it a lower vibe, that will affect you if you are conscious of it. So there is much more to LA then what you see, there is a dark lower level vibration alive here. Why are there so many homeless? Why is LA so packed to the brim with people so that when you want to park your car at night there is no parking? Or when you want to cross a few blocks at rush hour it takes 30 minutes....all of that stuff makes up an energetic frequency of the city. So LA is not just a city, it carries with it a energy that is lower and heavy. There is a reason "spiritual' people do not live in cities or they live in the mountain regions or forests or near the beach. Because most cities carry with them a vibe of the city. Again everything that a person does creates an energetic template of that action. If you project love that love creates a certain energy, if you go around breaking into peoples cars and robbing people, that creates a certain energy. The more of that going on in a certain area, the more of that energy is prominent in that area.....

Old 10-23-2014, 05:37 PM

26 posts, read 23,437 times
Also on the topic of dark energy and your environment. Look at all the crazy murders and crazy Sh*t that has happened in LA: Charles Mansion, Richard Rimarez, The LA riots, The Watts Riots, The Gang Capitol of the world, The North Hollywood Bank Shootout, OJ Simpson Murder...The oj simpson murder happened right across the street from my middle school, in Brentwood, one of the richest areas!.....Then there are all the hidden stories,,,,like the lady at the end of my block when I lived on melrose and western who had her house set on fire after she was rapped and killed......and i also lived next to a half way house and would be waken up as a 5 year old at 3 am hearing people fight in the street...one night this guy was chasing this chick with a knife...and this is hollywood...not fu^king compton....talk about compton and all the killings that go on over there........Yes the list goes on and on. LA is a place of very ancient history of dark acts.....city of lost angels....aint all glitz and glamour..

Old 10-27-2014, 06:58 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blvckscvle View Post
Also on the topic of dark energy and your environment. Look at all the crazy murders and crazy Sh*t that has happened in LA: Charles Mansion, Richard Rimarez, The LA riots, The Watts Riots, The Gang Capitol of the world, The North Hollywood Bank Shootout, OJ Simpson Murder...The oj simpson murder happened right across the street from my middle school, in Brentwood, one of the richest areas!.....Then there are all the hidden stories,,,,like the lady at the end of my block when I lived on melrose and western who had her house set on fire after she was rapped and killed......and i also lived next to a half way house and would be waken up as a 5 year old at 3 am hearing people fight in the street...one night this guy was chasing this chick with a knife...and this is hollywood...not fu^king compton....talk about compton and all the killings that go on over there........Yes the list goes on and on. LA is a place of very ancient history of dark acts.....city of lost angels....aint all glitz and glamour..
I could tell you some even worst stories about Detroit or Flint, Michigan. Cities that are much more dangerous than LA is today. Stuff happens everywhere, crime is not unique to Los Angeles.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:51 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
Exactly. One thing I do like about LA is the lack of a blatant subtle and unspoken racial hierarchy. Growing up in Texas, I noticed my Hispanic friends were always in the defensive about being Mexican and would usually lie to us gringos and say they were "Spanish". Here in LA people are proud to be Mexican American. I saw poor white guys in Texas too but not a whole ton working menial retail jobs, a lot of them worked blue collar and were lower middle class, who could afford homes and work the good ol boy system. Here in LA, being white is not king and I've seen broke as hell white people working low wage jobs in droves and couldn't use their being white to get ahead.

Racism is really frowned upon even in jest and that's refreshing to me.

So that's plus 1 for LA.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:18 PM

10 posts, read 10,145 times
WOW! Do ALL of you people on this site get off on being just plain mean and stupid? I joined to hopefully get some advice, but every question is answered with the snarkiest, most condescending ... and VERY BADLY PUNCTUATED, since you all think you're the grammar police ... remarks I've ever seen on any website!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles