Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 01:16 PM

45 posts, read 100,124 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

After 2 years now of visiting California, I have FINALLY decided to make the big move and relocate to California from Irving, TX and I am currently looking at a property in Lomita, and this particular complex is near the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department (barely a block away) and it is on the southern side of Narbonne Ave. (almost into Rolling Hills) and on the south side of PCH.

I have done a lot of research on Lomita (90717 zip code) through the local paper (dailybreeze), crimemapping.com (which the LAPD supposedly provides the data to) and using City Data of course, but I haven't been able to find much information.

The good thing is, I will be working at home so the commute is not a concern for me and since I will be at home throughout the day, I am concerned on the surrounding areas, etc.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge on Lomita, or this particular area? I am in my 20's, and I'm not huge on nightlife or anything like that.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

- J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 07:17 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,763,974 times
I don't have statistics but I think that area is a great value. That road is used by many road cyclist to get into the PV hills.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelopez2 View Post
I don't have statistics but I think that area is a great value. That road is used by many road cyclist to get into the PV hills.
that's great news! definitely gives me a better idea on how the area is, thanks

Old 10-02-2014, 04:19 PM

anyone else on thoughts regarding this area/Lomita?

Old 10-02-2014, 05:13 PM

392 posts, read 1,854,539 times
I live a few miles from there and go through there regularly. A lot of people use Narbonne to access PV you will get a fair amount of traffic. There is also a quarry just up the road so expect truck traffic.
PCH gets a bit sketchy as you head south to the 110 but that area seems good.
I used to go the Albertson's on Narbonne and PCH all the time and never had any issues.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,763,974 times
Based on your other post, I think the LA area will be closer for more stuff for you to do to experience LA. Although all that stuff might be a distraction.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock66 View Post
I live a few miles from there and go through there regularly. A lot of people use Narbonne to access PV you will get a fair amount of traffic. There is also a quarry just up the road so expect truck traffic.
PCH gets a bit sketchy as you head south to the 110 but that area seems good.
I used to go the Albertson's on Narbonne and PCH all the time and never had any issues.
see that's what i was wondering. we've gone back and fourth on this area for a while now but we're going to see it in person on saturday. i was hoping since there was a police station not even a block away, it would "hopefully" be rather safe thank you!

Old 10-03-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelopez2 View Post
Based on your other post, I think the LA area will be closer for more stuff for you to do to experience LA. Although all that stuff might be a distraction.
i completely agree. we have our list of places to look at this wknd. lomita is a good option because of the renovated apartment and it is a full 1 bedroom vs. a studio for the same price in LA.

thanks for your help

Old 10-03-2014, 12:48 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,458,136 times
Lomita and the adjoining area of LA (Harbor City) are interesting places topographically, and at the least the LA section from 250th to 266th is quite a nice, albeit very hilly area. I am thinking Lomita is similar and I would go for it.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Lomita and the adjoining area of LA (Harbor City) are interesting places topographically, and at the least the LA section from 250th to 266th is quite a nice, albeit very hilly area. I am thinking Lomita is similar and I would go for it.
okay good to know!

since it is so close to Rolling Hills i figured it would be nice, and according to the crime mapping website it is very low compared to a lot of the "safer" areas of LA.

thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles