U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 04:46 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,280,484 times

Advertisements

I think it is overall a good idea, the pros out do the cons. Plastic bags are a nuisance and are deadly to animals in the ocean, many who ingest it and it gets stuck in their stomachs and either quickly or over time kills them.
Ideally humans would not be stupid a$%holes who liter garbage and throw it in a trash cans, but we are not as considerate as we would like.

This law should be adopted in other states as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 04:50 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,927,789 times
I keep four of my own cloth bags in the trunk of my car, so I don't have that problem of forgetting when I go to the grocery store.
As soon as I empty them , they go right back in the trunk.
Once a month, I put them in the washing machine and they are just as good as new.
It's a good habit to get into, rather than spend money for those thicker plastic bags at the market.

Bob.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:24 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,393,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I keep four of my own cloth bags in the trunk of my car, so I don't have that problem of forgetting when I go to the grocery store.
Once a month, I put them in the washing machine and they are just as good as new.
It's a good habit to get into, rather than spend money for those thicker plastic bags at the market.

Bob.
This is exactly what my daughter does, & she started it as a college student 10 years ago, I'm proud of her for doing that. I reuse my plastic & paper bags; sometimes I find grocery receipts from years ago! I will switch to cloth pretty soon. It's not so hard & it's a good thing in the long run. As myself & others said, they have done this in Europe for years.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:33 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,948,047 times
sometimes I see people bringing their own bag and it almost makes them look like they are shoplifting, because they bag it before paying for it, unless they use a basket or shopping cart before bagging it.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:35 PM

1,573 posts, read 1,120,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
California politics are becoming loonier.
Yeah..... the #1 problem the Golden State has is these plastic bags that are just ruining the state

Old 10-01-2014, 05:59 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,557,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
sometimes I see people bringing their own bag and it almost makes them look like they are shoplifting, because they bag it before paying for it, unless they use a basket or shopping cart before bagging it.
The cities that have enacted a bag ban have seen an increase in shoplifting.

Has California's plastic bag ban backfired?

Store owners say plastic bag ban causes more shoplifting - seattlepi.com

Bag ban leads to nationwide increase in shoplifting rates | The Daily Caller

Maybe California should also ban alcohol to stop drunk driving. Then let's ban bacon since the high fat content contributes to heart disease. Of course lets ban doughnuts too-too high in fat and sugar! How much government interference and control will the stupid morons in California tolerate?

Hopefully this idiotic law will be repealed by the voters in 2016!

Plastic Bag Ban Opponents Seek Referendum After Brown Signs Bill - capradio.org

Old 10-01-2014, 06:01 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,329,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
Change messes with people. I do this exactly and it really isn't a difficult process at all.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:56 PM

10,087 posts, read 12,567,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
The cities that have enacted a bag ban have seen an increase in shoplifting.

Has California's plastic bag ban backfired?

Store owners say plastic bag ban causes more shoplifting - seattlepi.com

Bag ban leads to nationwide increase in shoplifting rates | The Daily Caller

Maybe California should also ban alcohol to stop drunk driving. Then let's ban bacon since the high fat content contributes to heart disease. Of course lets ban doughnuts too-too high in fat and sugar! How much government interference and control will the stupid morons in California tolerate?

Hopefully this idiotic law will be repealed by the voters in 2016!

Plastic Bag Ban Opponents Seek Referendum After Brown Signs Bill - capradio.org
These really are not the same as banning plastic bags.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:01 PM

13,886 posts, read 13,552,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
This is awesome. Hopefully more states will follow through with similar policies.
I agree! Finally!

Old 10-01-2014, 07:05 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,557,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
This is awesome. Hopefully more states will follow through with similar policies.
https://www.google.com/search?num=50...42.dQ4GlEFgVTA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or