U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 02:24 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,086,908 times

Advertisements

Nothing really.

Not a lot is bad but not a lot is great either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 10:19 AM

1,576 posts, read 2,415,053 times
Things I like about LA

Variety of Food.
Variety of Things to do
Geographic Diversity
Non Judgemental culture

Things I dislike
Large number of homeless
Traffic
Cost of Living
Lack of Good paying jobs
Isolated type of culture.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 AM

4,159 posts, read 3,913,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annimated View Post
What do you like about los Angeles/living in los Angeles?
Perpetual summer!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:05 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,346,386 times
It never gets boring in LA. I like there is always something happening in LA from music concerts, museum exhibitions, running and biking events, movie premieres, Oscars, Grammys and other award shows, TV tapings, sporting games of professional and top colleges, outdoor movie nights at the parks, and dozens of other stuff. On top of that you can do the hiking, surfing, skiing all not too far away in great weather most of the year.

I think the only problem is everything is so spread and it takes forever to get one place because of traffic, but that is not exclusive to LA.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:37 PM

8,284 posts, read 10,595,264 times
Even after decades, and a lot of exploring, I still find neighborhoods I've never been to before, and occasionally find cities I've never even heard of before (Bradbury???).

Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 AM

5,262 posts, read 12,601,420 times
I love the history, the diversity, the food, architecture, uniqueness, the beach, the weather, the plants and vegetation, the natural beauty, the close by getaways, the renaissance of DTLA, the much improved clean air, public transportation improvements, concerts, festivals and cultural amenities.

Things I don't like:
Rude drivers and way too many people laying on their horns.
Hit and run drivers. Overpriced, raggedy ass apartments. People that think only poor people use public transportation. The Grove.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:33 AM

4 posts, read 5,525 times
I've lived all across the US, and there is no place better than California and Los Angeles tops the list.

There's a lot to do there and its a huge diverse place and very liberal. Go outside of the US and you can find better, but inside the state it's the best you can get.

All the cute girls flock to LA as well

Old 10-12-2014, 03:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,841 times
Will never have to shovel snow.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:34 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,181,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I love the history, the diversity, the food, architecture, uniqueness, the beach, the weather, the plants and vegetation, the natural beauty, the close by getaways, the renaissance of DTLA, the much improved clean air, public transportation improvements, concerts, festivals and cultural amenities.

Things I don't like:
Rude drivers and way too many people laying on their horns.
Hit and run drivers. Overpriced, raggedy ass apartments. People that think only poor people use public transportation. The Grove.
Seriously tho...The Grove is not that bad. I get it's crowded and a pain to get into. But that is why I park near Pan Pacific and walk over. It also has the closest Apple Store to me and a plenty nice--albiet--expensive movie theater.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:35 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,338,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Seriously tho...The Grove is not that bad. I get it's crowded and a pain to get into. But that is why I park near Pan Pacific and walk over. It also has the closest Apple Store to me and a plenty nice--albiet--expensive movie theater.
No expensive than any other movie theater. The times we live in. Hitting up the grove in the afternoon for a lunch, easy in, easy out. Weekends, especially weekends leading up to the holiday season are a never.

-----
I like LA for weather, diversity, the neighborhoods, the fact that there is always something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles