U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:59 AM

22,163 posts, read 26,732,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
And all you did was spew neo-con, Fox Noise platitudes. Bush left America in a hole. That is a fact. Expecting Obama to take the blame for his predecessor's screwups is ridiculous. And FYI Bush and his administration blamed 9/11 on Clinton.
Again, this thread is not about me.

And I have my own analysis and opinions. Your mentioning Fox over and over is getting boring.

What policies of Bush left us in a hole?

As for 9/11, maybe if Clinton had agreed to take Bin Laden into custody, when he had the chances, 9/11 would never have happened.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Skid Row? While there has been a movement to push the homeless out of downtown LA and they're showing up in places like Eagle Rock and Pasadena, they haven't pushed them into Brentwood/Beverly Hills where Obama goes.

BTW several of those demonstrating in the area of Paltrow's home who were saying "who can afford a 30K a dinner", were not what you wall call far right wingers, or even right wingers at all.

They were left wingers who realize FINALLY that they have been duped. Some of them have woken up.

As you said another corporate toadie.
Sadly, many have not.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I'm happy that there is an option for someone like me who makes my money in a non payroll manner. That you consider Obama to be a bad president because he dragged America to the same league as the rest of the industrialized world speaks more to your myopic world view than it does the quality of his leadership. I get 99 percent of my news from the Obsma-doubting (at best) Economist, and they find the fact that there is even a debate about universal healthcare laughable and downright absurd, and something that will be an embarrassment for the GOP.
I consider Obama to be a bad president going by his record.

Quote:
And you know who is ****ing up the most with my healthcare? Privately held and operated Kaiser, not the federal government. I hold little trust in the ability of the private market to cater to the actual needs of the American citizenry, rendering your simpleton Libertarian iseals utterly useless.
Yeah, terrific, let the government "take care" of health insurance. After all, we know how well-run the postal service is (always in debt)! I am not a libertarian, btw.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:06 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,371,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

What policies of Bush left us in a hole?

As for 9/11, maybe if Clinton had agreed to take Bin Laden into custody, when he had the chances, 9/11 would never have happened.
You cannot be serious. No one is this ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah, terrific, let the government "take care" of health insurance. After all, we know how well-run the postal service is (always in debt)! I am not a libertarian, btw.
I spoke too soon. The USPS is always in debt because a Republican-led Congress put ridiculous mandates on the service pertaining to retirement and medical benefits. Were it not for Republican meddling the USPS would be turning a healthy profit. Do some research into the matter, for crap's sake...

Old 10-12-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You cannot be serious. No one is this ignorant.
Being aware of history is not ignorant. What is ignorant is bashing Bush and praising Obama, who won the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing.

Quote:
I spoke too soon. The USPS is always in debt because a Republican-led Congress put ridiculous mandates on the service pertaining to retirement and medical benefits. Were it not for Republican meddling the USPS would be turning a healthy profit. Do some research into the matter, for crap's sake...
Please list the mandates, with dates. The USPS has been in financial trouble when both Democrats and Republicans were in control of Congress.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:22 PM

12,852 posts, read 23,328,016 times
Wow you guys. I think you know what forum this banter is more appropriate for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or