Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Parts of North Hollywood can be pretty bad. That's no lie. L.A. is a strange place in that one street can be good, and even a block over can be very bad. Other posts here have already helped quite a bit, so I won't add to it. Welcome to City-Data!
And you are right. Not every street looks horrible. It's just difficult to see the good through the bad sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 12:28 PM

18 posts, read 97,764 times
Fastfilm says it right again! She surely hits a good point about the LA and Kentucky sisters.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:28 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I have lots of relatives in Louisville, so I can understand your desire to move to North Hollywood.

I'd have to ask Charles' questions:

Quote:
Why do you want to move to LA?

What kind of job do you think you will get?
What are your salary requirements?
How long do you think it will take you to find an acceptable job?
Do you have funds to cover this initial unemployment?
What will your rent budget be and what are your living requirements (number of bedrooms, etc.)?

What is Plan B?
Tell us more and maybe we can help you.

P.S. The Metro Red Line is in North Hollywood and that will take you to downtown and Hollywood -- you don't have to drive.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Please accept some thoughts from 5-decade resident here who's also familiar with the South.
My father's family believes they are from the Midwest, not the South, and they have lived in the Louisville area since prior to the Civil War. Louisville sits right on the border of what is considered the south, but Metro Louisville encompasses Southern Indiana and Indiana is Midwest.

People from that area fought for the North in the Civil War -- and you know what that means.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthingsbeautiful View Post
That's exactly what I keep thinking. I can't stand that horror garbage and death metal either. It contributes nothing positive to society and it just brings more ugliness to the world. I suppose someone of such a dark interior would feel comfortable around the darker aspects of LA society.

To the OP. You will need a college education to get a good paying job in LA. Hopefully your mother has that. I don't think LA would be very enjoyable on low paying HS educated jobs.
I have an education.
It's nice to see you judge me by the films and music I enjoy Your such a beautiful person. Those things you say have nothing positive to offer have kept me out of real trouble. Creating stories in my mind and putting them on film is my world. It's who I am. I feel very good about myself and what I stand for. Try to be a little more open minded, or don't.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:32 AM

345 posts, read 466,999 times
message deleted

Old 12-31-2007, 09:53 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
I have an education.
It's nice to see you judge me by the films and music I enjoy Your such a beautiful person. Those things you say have nothing positive to offer have kept me out of real trouble. Creating stories in my mind and putting them on film is my world. It's who I am. I feel very good about myself and what I stand for. Try to be a little more open minded, or don't.
So tell us Mr. horror what is it you stand for.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:25 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Born View Post
In a couple of weeks, my mom and I are going to start over by moving to North Hollywood from Louisville, Ky. On paper it looks great but is there any good paying jobs in that area how we could get to and from work without dealing with the traffic? How far is Hollywood from North? How far is Downtown Los Angeles? Right now our plan is to try to find a job as quick as possible and then go on from there trying to find a place. Thanks to those who responds.
How did you come to decide that N. Hollywood is where you want to live? As others have mentioned, there are good and bad areas of Noho.

As UB50 said, tell us more (e.g. budget, professional background, education level, etc.) and we can help you and provide you with better info and resources.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:38 AM

18 posts, read 97,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
I have an education.
I looked at your myspace page. Any followers of satanspace.com are not friends of mine. Education? So that is why you are willing to work for $10 an hour.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:59 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
So tell us Mr. horror what is it you stand for.
Personal freedom. Personal freedom to choose what I like and dislike. Freedom to create my own views of the world around me. Freedom to decide what I want to do with my life. Just so happens I am a horror writer/ creator. It's in my blood, it's what I do. Stephen King, John Carpenter, Debra Hill, Dean Koontz, George Romero, Rob Zombie, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci...the list goes on. These people may be "garbage" in your eyes, but "inspiration" in mine. We all experience different things in life that lead us to our own outlook on the world around us. Many different things contribute to this. I have faced negative opinions on my work since I started writing at age 10. Are you by chance a school teacher? Just curious because I feel like I'm in the principals office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles