Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 04:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No response from the Caucasian beater yet...perhaps we should check the police blotters and see if he or she has been arrested for aggravated assault.
Haha. I wiki'd it. You are right about the meaning.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:38 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
No I do not. I laughed for 5 mins. Beatrice & Angelena, two important women to me. As for Moh____ its an abbreviation as well but confidential. Someone else wrote about this earlier today.
Ignorance is not an excuse. What if your name was BeatNiGer for Beatrice Nicole Geronimo? Pretty sure you wouldn't do that.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:39 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The "young" Asians of Arcadia are American raised. Their problem is that at 16 to go along with the McMansion they live in they get a high end Audi or BMW with no previous driving experience. It is their elders who are the source of stereotypes.

I serve one of the Arcadia churches and they all face a similar problem, the kids raised in that community can not afford to live their as adults. So the churches are filled with local seniors and their children who retain faith are off to lower cost communities, . I drove by two churches with the construction fencing around them today. Will they become a condo or a single family home is the question. Perhaps the 1 percenters among Arcadia's children can buy locally when they grow up but why would they want to live in an alien ethnic enclave hours away from their job? Critical mass has long ago been passed.
The two cities are not exactly comparable in terms of wealth but what's the difference between a kid from Arcadia and a kid from Beverly Hills? Neither of the kids would afford to live in the area immediately as a young adult. Hours away from where? DTLA? Isn't Beverly Hills about equidistant to DTLA? Most kids do move away from home.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:33 AM

367 posts, read 672,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Ignorance is not an excuse. What if your name was BeatNiGer for Beatrice Nicole Geronimo? Pretty sure you wouldn't do that.
could definitely be the fapper ditching his original paradigm and going for the more subtle d*ckhead routine

Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 PM

366 posts, read 452,261 times
So many beautiful Chinese women.... What's so bad?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:37 PM

555 posts, read 804,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I marketed in the Arcadia area back in the 1990s. There were parts that were solidly middle class as well as rich parts. I remember that most Chinese were taking over Monterey Park, Rosemead, San Gabriel, Hacienda Hts and Rowland Hts. Foreigners should not be allowed to take over whole cities in this manner. I'll bet the Chinese wouldn't like it if Americans bought up their communities. If foreigners weren't aggressively competing with Americans, perhaps natives could buy in these areas.
What makes you think all the Asians in those cities are foreigners? Oh, let me guess -- you see an Asian face and automatically think "foreign," even though plenty of these people are legally here and in many cases are citizens. I'd bet you'd probably see me on some SGV, see my face, and go off about how foreigners are taking over the place, when in fact, my family has been in America well over 100 years. But of course, you couldn't tell. You see me, you maybe hear me speak an Asian language, and you just assume. Look, I have uncles who fought in the American military forces during WWII, and they lived in SGV. It's likely you would've taken one look at them and cursed them for being "foreigners" who are "taking over" SGV. My uncles were the people who fought for freedom from Hitler and to save this country for the likes of you. It's sad and hilarious that anyone could be so utterly ignorant and racist.

It must really hurt you seeing people of other groups gaining in terms of wealth and status. I'm sorry it hurts your ego and sense of self as being on top of the heap.

BTW, if you don't want "foreigners" "taking over whole cities," why don't you do something about it? Why don't you try to pass a law that prevents people of certain ethnicities from buying homes in certain areas? Oh WAIT! That used to be how it was back in the day. And guess what -- those racist rules of old were stuck down -- for being illegal.

It's extremely telling you would like to go back to those "good ol' days."

Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 PM

13 posts, read 44,493 times
Note the word "Some." In what grammatical universe is that word a blanket term?

Old 10-22-2014, 05:15 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
I agree, sydlee, about some of the posts on this thread...can't rep you again, though.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin31 View Post
Note the word "Some." In what grammatical universe is that word a blanket term?
I guess in his. I just hope he doesn't try to beat me -- I've been having recurring nightmares about BeatAngMoh coming to my home and giving me a drubbing with nunchakus.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,542 times
Best location for boba in the USA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles