Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 02:47 PM

6 posts, read 10,829 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would be moving to California along with my wife in another 2-3 weeks (early Nov). My primary work location would be Irwindale and would also need to work from Rosemead. I am looking for a location to settle with a fair Indian population and a commute ~ 30 minutes. Are there any chances of getting a 2 BHK apartment with rent ~ $1500 with such criteria? Please suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 04:45 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Diamond Bar might work for you. City of Diamond Bar : Home

Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 PM

822 posts, read 1,283,791 times
Indian as in North American Indian or Indian from India? Rosemead is and Asian area for the most part and mostly Chinese with some SE Asians (but not Indians from either category). Also there is a sizeable Latino population. Diamond Bar is more Chinese and some holdover Whites. Irwindale I don't think is a big town. It's where Al Davis of the Raiders took the money and ran years ago.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:19 PM

100 posts, read 128,514 times
Check out the Covina/Baldwin park area. I don't know what a "fair" Indian population is but the general area supports several Indian Markets as well as a couple of Hindu Temples nearby. There is also a Sikh community center or maybe a place of worship over by Barranca Park.

Neighborhoods are largely blue collar and you should be able to find something in your price range. Both are 10 15 minutes from both Rosemead and Irwindale by surface street.

Huy Fong?

Last edited by TheOldBear; 10-14-2014 at 11:29 PM..

Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBear View Post
Check out the Covina/Baldwin park area. I don't know what a "fair" Indian population is but the general area supports several Indian Markets as well as a couple of Hindu Temples nearby. There is also a Sikh community center or maybe a place of worship over by Barranca Park.

Neighborhoods are largely blue collar and you should be able to find something in your price range. Both are 10 15 minutes from both Rosemead and Irwindale by surface street.

Huy Fong?

Thanks for your response. By fair I meant in good numbers.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:16 AM

There is an Indian (from India) population in Arcadia. If you move there you would take the 605 East to Irwindale. It may be better than Rosemead. My guess is the Indians move there for the schools as they are high performance, high achievers academically and the schools are probably better than Rosemead's.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:24 AM

100 posts, read 128,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
There is an Indian (from India) population in Arcadia. If you move there you would take the 605 East to Irwindale. It may be better than Rosemead. My guess is the Indians move there for the schools as they are high performance, high achievers academically and the schools are probably better than Rosemead's.

+1 on the Arcadia schools but I suspect that finding an Apartment there within the price range quoted by the OP would be unlikely. That said, you might also consider Duarte. Next door to Irwindale and also quite near Rosemead.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:34 AM

I would consider Monterey Park instead of Duarte. Duarte seems like the 'hood. And the schools based on motivation of the students are not as good as MPKs for sure. Consider Alhambra, Temple City and San Gabriel as well. For you guys, I would stick with the Asian neighborhoods.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBear View Post

Huy Fong?
I have googled the West Covina area and just by the looks of it I feel it has many things at a short drive..malls/pharmacies/groceries etc....is it a safe neighborhood ?

Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM

See the Pomona thread for recent discussion on Covina. You should focus on your kids rather than a commute. Covina is the 'hood. Stick to the Asian areas where there is less crime and better schools rather than saving gas or cutting drive time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles