Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:58 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,850,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah M View Post
I'm white, and I can tell you that you may be wasting your time. I don't date any blacks, and neither do any of my friends.
Nonsense. LA is definately the place if youre a black guy wanting to date outside of your race.

Just this past Saturday, the wife and I stopped by the local Babies R Us in Calabasas and noticed 7 (SEVEN) interracial couples there either with their kids or creating their own registry. There were 4 black male/white female couples; one white male/black female couple, One asian male/white female couple and one couple where the father looked hispanic and the mother persian. Plus, I saw an beautiful blonde woman with two of themost beutiful kids Ive EVER seen who were obviously fathered by a black guy.

Then we went to one of our favorite Brunch places - Jinkys in Sherman Oaks for brunch. There we saw all types of interracial couples (black, white, asian, jewish, etc.). Not too long ago, we were sitting next to Slash and his wife. I had no idea he was black (and jewish) until I saw him up close. So, to answer your question, YES!! It is okay, accepted and very, very common to date outside of your race in LA - at least it is in the areas I frequent - Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Studio City, Burbank, North Hollywood, Glendale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,857,471 times
Quote:
I'm white, and I can tell you that you may be wasting your time. I don't date any blacks, and neither do any of my friends.
And you're wasting your time on this board! I find a few attractive, but you and your friends are an exception.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Nonsense. LA is definately the place if youre a black guy wanting to date outside of your race.

Just this past Saturday, the wife and I stopped by the local Babies R Us in Calabasas and noticed 7 (SEVEN) interracial couples there either with their kids or creating their own registry. There were 4 black male/white female couples; one white male/black female couple, One asian male/white female couple and one couple where the father looked hispanic and the mother persian. Plus, I saw an beautiful blonde woman with two of themost beutiful kids Ive EVER seen who were obviously fathered by a black guy.

Then we went to one of our favorite Brunch places - Jinkys in Sherman Oaks for brunch. There we saw all types of interracial couples (black, white, asian, jewish, etc.). Not too long ago, we were sitting next to Slash and his wife. I had no idea he was black (and jewish) until I saw him up close. So, to answer your question, YES!! It is okay, accepted and very, very common to date outside of your race in LA - at least it is in the areas I frequent - Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Studio City, Burbank, North Hollywood, Glendale.
What about West LA?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,850,830 times
Its pretty much the same for all of los angeles.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM

194 posts, read 301,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
And you're wasting your time on this board! I find a few attractive, but you and your friends are an exception.
She's just yanking your chain. Probably from Simi Valley or Orange County (those two regions, honestly, wouldn't be keen on your dating preferences) assuming she's actually from California.

But if you hang out in the city, or go to the House of Blues, Knitting Factory, or places like that, you'll see it's no big deal.
Date who you want, *BUT* take heed to GrumpyGram's sage advice, too.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
She's just yanking your chain. Probably from Simi Valley or Orange County (those two regions, honestly, wouldn't be keen on your dating preferences) assuming she's actually from California.

But if you hang out in the city, or go to the House of Blues, Knitting Factory, or places like that, you'll see it's no big deal.
I never intend of leaving out of the LA county anyhow. But um, I check out that site, GrumpyGram's page.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:33 AM

27 posts, read 71,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Why am I wasting my time on this board? I simply stated that you may want to try elsewhere.

About my friends and me being an exception: I actually wouldn't have it any other way. And neither would our boyfriends.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 AM

27 posts, read 71,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post

I live in West L.A.

Furthermore, I don't watch MTV, or much of any television for that matter, and I'm not interested in trying to be in vogue by dating out. Actually, dating out is really out of style lately, with the exception of the occasional white male with an Asian girl, but you can probably imagine what some of those guys look like.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 AM

18 posts, read 97,451 times
LA is huge. No one will care.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 AM

194 posts, read 301,944 times
Quote:
I live in West L.A.

Furthermore, I don't watch MTV, or much of any television for that matter, and I'm not interested in trying to be in vogue by dating out. Actually, dating out is really out of style lately, with the exception of the occasional white male with an Asian girl, but you can probably imagine what some of those guys look like.
Wow.

Just...wow.

So only *ugly* white guys date Asian women?

I usually don't entertain trolls, but I'm actually *glad* she made this post.

For all those semi-delusional types who HONESTLY think these types of people don't exist in L.A. and Southern California, her comment speaks for itself.

No, L.A. isn't as bad as some places back East, but it would be very naive to think that *everyone* is some peace & love,
super-evolved, tolerant type.

Obviously, everyone reading this post isn't going to have the same dating preferences as the OP. I think it's safe to say those who disagree simply wouldn't comment.

But the fact that this person felt the need to not only comment, but try to project her own preference onto every single woman in L.A., as if EVERYONE thinks (and dates) exactly like she does....unbelieveable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles