Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Great suggestions. I would add Pasadena and Old Pasadena. Walking around Pasadena, hitting the shops and eating at little gourmet restaurants. My friends tell me I'm like an old man for loving Pasadena so much, but it's great for visitors or just spending a Sunday.
Your friends must be lame. Pasadena is dope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Glad to have found this thread.

I'll be in LA in mid-February with my two kids (ages 10 and 11). The event we're attending is over on Sunday around noon, but we will not be flying back home until Monday morning. As such, I'm hoping to rent a car on Sunday and take the kids two a couple fun places.

We do not want to do amusement parks or anything like that. They don't care about Rodeo Drive or Sunset Strip.

Any suggestions for kid-friendly places? I'm already planning on In and Out at least once while we in town, and Grauman's Chinese Theater. We'll do a bit of the Walk of Fame but not too much. After that ???
Great. I asked this for people like you as my guide will be for tourists.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:40 PM

245 posts, read 382,480 times
You have to visit the so-cal beaches, then after go to Pioneer chicken. They still exist out here.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:34 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Hop on the 405 at 6:00pm! Unforgetable experience! You literally " Cant " leave LA.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:51 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
What's some things popular or not that you would tell someone who is visiting that they must do or see before leaving LA?
Spend a day in China Town just north of downtown. Make sure to go a bit hungry as there is so much great food you'll want to eat everything.

There are so many things to do here that it would take a month just to get to a small percentage of them.

Theme Parks worth the trip: Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland/California Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Universal Studios - in that order.

Interesting Places: The Tar Pits, Natural History Museum, The Getty Center Museum and Gardens,

You know what... this would probably be the best place to start if you're planning a trip to LA
Most Popular Los Angeles Tourist Attractions

Everything is categorized by venue with contact information, and you can literally plan every minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Hop on the 405 at 6:00pm! Unforgetable experience! You literally " Cant " leave LA.
I you like a slow moving parking lot... especially in the pass! But hey, that would be a great time to stop at the Getty, right?

Quote:
Great suggestions. I would add Pasadena and Old Pasadena. Walking around Pasadena, hitting the shops and eating at little gourmet restaurants. My friends tell me I'm like an old man for loving Pasadena so much, but it's great for visitors or just spending a Sunday.
You need to get some new friends, because Old Pasadena rocks! While there people can enjoy a tour of the Rose Bowl.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-12-2015 at 12:04 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 12:02 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I you like a slow moving parking lot... especially in the pass! But hey, that would be a great time to stop at the Getty, right?
Not at the time I mentioned... The Getty closes at 5:30 except on Saturday.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Glad to have found this thread.

I'll be in LA in mid-February with my two kids (ages 10 and 11). The event we're attending is over on Sunday around noon, but we will not be flying back home until Monday morning. As such, I'm hoping to rent a car on Sunday and take the kids two a couple fun places.

We do not want to do amusement parks or anything like that. They don't care about Rodeo Drive or Sunset Strip.

Any suggestions for kid-friendly places? I'm already planning on In and Out at least once while we in town, and Grauman's Chinese Theater. We'll do a bit of the Walk of Fame but not too much. After that ???
Hit up Santa Monica or Venice and rent a bike and go North to Temescal (Will Rogers State Beach) then Head back south to Manhattan and back. You'll love it!

Old 02-03-2015, 12:18 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
The Fashion District and Koreatown. If there's time, take a swing through San Gabriel Valley -- Valley Blvd. or Garvey -- see a real suburban Chinatown.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:23 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
If there's time, take a swing through San Gabriel Valley -- Valley Blvd. or Garvey -- see a real suburban Chinatown.
Lot's of great Chinese restaurants there as well. Tons of options for authentic regional cuisine densely packed into a lovely area. You can pretty much eat food from every region of China in a single day on a single street.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:33 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Lot's of great Chinese restaurants there as well. Tons of options for authentic regional cuisine densely packed into a lovely area. You can pretty much eat food from every region of China in a single day on a single street.
The food's really good. We usually go to Ranch 99 in the shopping center across from the Hilton on Valley Blvd too. It's always amazing to see a whole aisle of soy sauce and an aisle of noodles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles