Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:19 AM

3 posts, read 26,002 times

Advertisements

If you want to live in an awesome but quiet neighborhood NEAR THE OCEAN, with some nice little shops, local-owned businesses and restaurants, try out the historic neighborhood of Bluff Heights.

Bluff Heights (just blocks up from the Bluffs on the ocean & Bluff Park NB) roughly encompasses Broadway St. up to 4th, and Junipero to Redondo. We have lots of historic houses many with private apartments above the garages ("mother-in-law"units).

Rents are fairly reasonable AND you're not stuck in some boring bedroom community without anywhere to walk! I've been here 10+ years and recommend it over some of the other areas that have been suggested.

In this 'central zone' between Belmont Shore and Downtown, we have cafes, bars, artisans, modern and funky home decor shops, thrift shops, ... basically most everything the average person would deem pleasing and interesting to live around- but without the hustle/bustle and parking problems of more concentrated areas like downtown, Belmont Heights, and Belmont Shore..

Basically you want to live on streets that DO NOT have a lot of apartment buildings. Some areas of 1st & 2nd streets in Belmont Heights are so packed with cars. It's a great area, with great old apartments, but unless you get a spot with the apt, don't bother. You'll be tearing your hair out every evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 02:33 PM

29 posts, read 87,913 times
I think I found a great place on Euclid--Edge of Belmont Heights. Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions! I couldn't have made an educated decision without you.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,848 times
how is pacific coast highway off the 710 in long beach its a apt building behind camirillo high Im thinking about moving in but I dont know long beach hows the area

Old 10-05-2009, 02:21 PM

829 posts, read 2,946,504 times
thats right over the river going towards wilmington, going towards terminal island and all, the west side of long beach does have some gang activity...dont know anything specifically to tell you though...what do you want to know? safety? cost?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 AM

79 posts, read 169,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia.denise View Post
I think I found a great place on Euclid--Edge of Belmont Heights. Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions! I couldn't have made an educated decision without you.
Way to go!, you all found a good area, now I can sleep better knowing that you novices will not be on east 3rd or 4th st. You are near the Belmont Pool, be sure to check it out, they have an olympic sized pool.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 PM

53 posts, read 175,526 times
How is the Bixby Knolls area? Are there some nice apartment complexes there? I'm about to move to Long Beach.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 PM

916 posts, read 3,688,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRocks View Post
How is the Bixby Knolls area? Are there some nice apartment complexes there? I'm about to move to Long Beach.
Bixby Knolls is an upscale suburban area in the northern section of LB. Lots of really cool houses and treelined streets. Ferris Buellers Day Off was filmed there and so were a number of east coast suburban movie settings. Don't think there are many apts in BK proper but probably in surrounding areas.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 PM

53 posts, read 175,526 times
Thanks NaplesRes. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 PM

916 posts, read 3,688,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRocks View Post
Thanks NaplesRes. Your input is greatly appreciated!
LB has everything...urban, suburban, coastal,gated, etc. What are you looking for?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,634 times
does anyone know about the area of w 15th and pacific looking to move found a deal ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles