U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,578 times
Lightbulb Safe areas to live in OC?

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to move to CA soon...I'm interviewing for jobs and the most likely candidate is a job in Anaheim. After reading a lot of the posts on here it looks like it'd be the best idea to live in OC if I'm working in OC.

That being said, I'm 23, just getting started, and don't have a lot of money, and being female, don't really want to live in an area that's too dangerous. I'd rather shell out a bit of extra money a month if it means I'm in a safer area...but the most I can really be spending is about $1200/month.

I realize that anywhere near LA is not the best place for people with more conservative incomes, but....it happens, I guess. If I have to get a 2nd job I will.

Where are some safer areas that aren't too much of a nightmare commute for Anaheim? And since the traffic is such a nightmare, is it feasible to use a bike for transportation? Looking for apartments online I've found lots of cheaper places in Corona, but it seems like that's too good to be true and likely a bad area?

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM

11,728 posts, read 22,912,448 times
Don't live in Corona. The reason its cheaper is because the commute is a killer. $1200 isn't much budget for an apartment in a good area. It'll get you a 1 bedroom, but you'll really have to look to get something that's not in a bad area for that much.

Few cities in north OC are universally safe the way south OC is. You can find nice and not so nice parts of Anaheim, Fullerton, Placentia, or Orange. Yorba Linda is nice but it might be too far depending on what part of Anaheim you work in. Same thing with Brea. Avoid Garden Grove (except the far west part), Santa Ana, and Stanton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles