Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
VENICE (CBSLA.com) — Residents in Venice have filed a lawsuit against the city and county of Los Angeles over what they say is a “lawless Skid Row” around the beach boardwalk.

The lawsuit filed by the Venice Stakeholders Association claims authorities are failing to enforce “no camping” laws, which has created ” a public nuisance and dangerous conditions” in one of L.A.’s most popular tourist stops.
Venice Residents Sue LA City, County Over ‘Lawless’ Boardwalk « CBS Los Angeles

Well please, Venice, don't send them to West L.A. because we have enough homeless riff-raff already and don't need any more. Perhaps some Higgins boats are in order -- next stop, Catalina Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 07:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Venice Residents Sue LA City, County Over ‘Lawless’ Boardwalk « CBS Los Angeles

Well please, Venice, don't send them to West L.A. because we have enough homeless riff-raff already and don't need any more. Perhaps some Higgins boats are in order -- next stop, Catalina Island.
Venice and West LA are part of the same city and under the same police department. There'll be more of them in West LA for sure. LAPD treats the homeless as a protected class.

If you don't want that sort of thing do not live in the city of L.A. There is no advantage to living in the city of L.A. and many disadvantages.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:44 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Venice and West LA are part of the same city and under the same police department. There'll be more of them in West LA for sure. LAPD treats the homeless as a protected class.

If you don't want that sort of thing do not live in the city of L.A. There is no advantage to living in the city of L.A. and many disadvantages.
There are advantages as well as disadvantages. You're being to sound like a broken record in all of your posts.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
There are advantages as well as disadvantages. You're being to sound like a broken record in all of your posts.
What advantage is there to living in the city of Los Angeles as opposed to living in neighboring cities or unincorporated areas of L.A. county? You pay up the behind for horrible to nonexistent public services. The roads are in horrible shape. The neighborhoods are less safe, usually. You have a completely dysfunctional bureaucracy which despises productive economic activity. Hostility to small business is at Venezuelan levels. Overregulation is even more out of control than in the rest of the county and state. You're in the territory of LAPD and LAUSD. You have totally dysfunctional politics. Etc. etc. etc.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:48 AM

170 posts, read 234,356 times
I dunno, I'm pretty excited to live in LA. There is a helluva lot more career growth opportunities for me here, my wife will make more $$ here, and the history and culture of the area is very rich/exciting. Not to mention we are only a 7 hr drive or a quick/cheap flight from visiting our parents AND we are closer to many of our frequent vacation spots.

Sounds like someone is making generalized statements in the name of dramatics.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:58 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,882 times
All of America's homeless should be relocated to LA for humanitarian reasons, being homeless in New York or Chicago just sucks, freezing their asses off, but in LA, all you do is hang out on the beach checking out the babes, what a life!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:16 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Yup, I guess all those Los Angeles homeless, unemployed people are all worthless and bad. But then what is to be said about someone who still lives in a town but thinks like that? And if not living there and disapproves, why bother yourself reading threads bout it?

Old 02-05-2015, 09:49 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,856,342 times
I wonder how many of the residents are relatively new and moved to Venice with the boardwalk already at its current 'skid row' levels?

Old 02-05-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
I dunno, I'm pretty excited to live in LA. There is a helluva lot more career growth opportunities for me here, my wife will make more $$ here, and the history and culture of the area is very rich/exciting. Not to mention we are only a 7 hr drive or a quick/cheap flight from visiting our parents AND we are closer to many of our frequent vacation spots.

Sounds like someone is making generalized statements in the name of dramatics.
I was talking specifically about the City of Los Angeles, which only composes 40% of L.A. County. Not the whole L.A. area.

Last edited by majoun; 02-05-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM

96 posts, read 170,480 times
I don't blame the residents. I've never understood why people are allowed to do whatever they want just because they're on Venice beach. Why do city/state laws not apply there? And why are there never any police around? There's a police station right on the beach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles