Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 PM

642 posts, read 3,072,940 times

Advertisements

Yes . . . Algore's misplaced anger at not ever being able to fulfill his childhood dream . . . to be the president of the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajollaeleven View Post
Global Warming is childish. It was created by a misplaced anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM

In monotone robot voice, "Thank you for fullfilling the weekly requirement. Big brother will now present you with your weekly ration of Solvent Green. Please go to the next window."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
I biked 15 miles one-way to work every day for 4 years. Now I carpool in a fuel-efficient compact, but unfortunately from a greater distance.
I ride/walk to local groceries/shops/etc whenever possible.
I try not to run my heater or ac, shut off lights/electronics when not in use.
I try to eat locally grown produce.
I recycle, but that actually generates more CO2. Still, better than filling up the landfills.
I advocate a switch from coal to nuclear power.

In the future, I'll build/buy a house that meets my family's needs while not being overly large and requring extra heating/cooling. I'll live close to work to cut down on driving time (hopefully within walking or biking distance.) Same goes for shopping and entertainment.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:59 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
Don't you mean "Soylent" Green?

Actually, big brother is telling me to buy a large SUV and then deduct the depreciation from my side businesses' taxes. However, I don't like being told what to do. So instead I carpool and let the guy driving solo in front of me prop up the same House of Saud who funded the 9/11 attacks, with his automotive overcompensation for whatever part of his life or physique is apparently lacking.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
I think people should stop passing gas, it's harming the environment. Oh, did you hear about the coming ice age yet? The Sun is cooling down.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,505 times
Default Hey guhyz, I ughreee.

Yooz guyz hier iz write. Of coarse global warning is a bunch of glo-balogny. I hafent nodiced no changes in the wither, have yooz? Anywey, if thing is changging ot their, I bet is jost good old Morther Natturr. These hole thing just dreemed up buy sum crazy left-wingers. Dont lissen to them cyentusts in the noose, cyentusts sure dont no nothing abowt nothing.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 AM

It may very well be, but I wouldn't know as I don't have any boxes or containers of it around my house, my property, or any place in my midst. Not a day to day word in my life .

Maybe one day the global warming fascists will kill all the cows because of their farting and make us all eat them (according to their their big brother policies/laws) as our day to day meals and of course we will not be eating under lovely, softened, incandescent lighting--unless we were smart enough to stash some away and use them. Then though we will be killed (probably added into the cow mix) or not allowed our dead cow S.G. portions for the day for using non approved lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Don't you mean "Soylent" Green?

Actually, big brother is telling me to buy a large SUV and then deduct the depreciation from my side businesses' taxes. However, I don't like being told what to do. So instead I carpool and let the guy driving solo in front of me prop up the same House of Saud who funded the 9/11 attacks, with his automotive overcompensation for whatever part of his life or physique is apparently lacking.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Global warming has become a tool used by liberal politicians to scare people into following their ideas. Environmentalism is the new communism. I'm all for being environmentally conscious - reduce, reuse, recycle - but to politicize it and (as an earlier poster said) scare people (children!) into thinking that man's actions are going to cause the end of the world unless YOU do something about it, that just makes me angry.
People think that global warming is "liberal propaganda" simply because the liberals bring up the issue and are pushing to do something about it. An because Al Gore, and other liberals do activism about global warming, people immediately associate it with liberals.

Conservative politicians are calling global warming a myth for purely greedy, money-driven and political reasons. To take action against global warming gos against their economic policies, but they know that it's real too. So screw the Earth, we need some money right?

In LA people aren't gonna start bicycling though. Bicycling messes up hair gel, mascara and nail polish. And it's hard to ride a bike when your whole outfit is meant to make some gaudy fasshion statement instead of being functional. So i'm sure LA will keep driving until they're driving into the mountains to escape the rising sea level. And even then, they'll all have their wardrobes and make-up packed into the back of their SUV's.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,853 times
I guess I just don't understand why people are still driving these "big bad" trucks and gas hogs. Everytime I see some idiot reving his big engine or spinning his tires I cant help but to laugh, he thinks he's tough, but really it just shows how stupid and wasteful it is. Is it maybe an over-compensation for the lack of endowment? We have alot of these types here in podunk, it's entertaining though

Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,140,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
I guess I just don't understand why people are still driving these "big bad" trucks and gas hogs.
Well let's see....

I live in MN so it sure is nice to have 4x4
I tow a fishing boat, a speedboat and a snowmobile
I drive out on lakes to go ice fishing
I go off road to go duck and pheasant hunting
I ocasionally haul stuff

I would like to see someone do the above in their Honda Civic.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:02 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
The earth is in a constant state of global warming, and global cooling. This has been happening since the earth was born. Whenever there is a radical change in weather or climate, the environmentalists blame it on human development. Why doesn't someone blame the sun for earth's warming/cooling, it's all about the sunspots, sunspots not carbon gas. We should stop breathing because of the carbon dioxide being expelled. When will someone offer proof for global warming with relation to man polluting the environment, and I'm not speaking of Al Gore's movie which is voo-doo science.

Rainforest deforestation has more to do with global warming than carbon gases from industrialized nations.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 01-11-2008 at 11:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles