Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:11 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,463,451 times

Advertisements

LA is not really like most suburbs. It's kind of a crazy place.
I don't find it very superficial or fake. It's actually a little too "real."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 11:30 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,182,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
Because it is and it's why I hate LA with all my heart. That place is the Mecca of glamour crap and superficialness.
Uhhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
Oh, OK.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:36 PM

371 posts, read 425,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post

It's disorganized, and there's too much poverty. People's personalities are fake, easy to make friends, easy to loose friends. Everyone has "face" for society.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,406,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
It's disorganized, and there's too much poverty. People's personalities are fake, easy to make friends, easy to loose friends. Everyone has "face" for society.
I've always said the real phonies tend to be on the East Coast--people out there think they're a lot more cultured, interesting, and worldly than they actually are. Even their supposed realness comes off as phony. They think they're being "real" when they're really being obnoxious. At their worst, only conservative nut jobs are more insufferable.

You're probably from some Township in Joisey no one has heard of, pretending to be a Manhattanite.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:34 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,162,751 times
Quote:
Of course this is going to deter people away from their job as a citizen--to be aware of local, state, and national issues so that the holocaust doesn't happen again. If they can't do their job as a citizen then what makes you think that they'll do any career path that requires an education?
There are genocides going on all around the world. What are you personally doing, as a citizen, to stop them?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:59 PM

1,011 posts, read 975,850 times
Quote:
Boy, I can see that that east coast education paid dividends. It's lose, not loose.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:26 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,108,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
That's because it isn't a suburb. Many people like to insult L.A. By calling it one.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I've always said the real phonies tend to be on the East Coast--people out there think they're a lot more cultured, interesting, and worldly than they actually are. Even their supposed realness comes off as phony. They think they're being "real" when they're really being obnoxious. At their worst, only conservative nut jobs are more insufferable.

You're probably from some Township in Joisey no one has heard of, pretending to be a Manhattanite.
Lose*, and no I'm from Montgomery County, MD. Home of the original snob haha.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
Boy, I can see that that east coast education paid dividends. It's lose, not loose.
Lose* I apologize. It's not about the mistakes one makes. It's about how they go about correcting them.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:28 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,462,297 times
I thought the long time residents of Southern California were extremely friendly especially in Orange County, San Diego and West LA. I was a bit shocked by it as well, I thought the people were going to be more like residents of Miami and Vegas and other flashy cities and the people were better than I could have imagined. California residents tend to be more laid back, tolerant and welcoming than other places I have been to. I especially liked Santa Barbara, San Diego and parts of Orange County... California beach communities were awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles