Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 11:57 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,460,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Bill Handel is GREAT!!

Tim Conway is good with "What did Jesse Jackson say?"
Got to meet Tim Jr. and the gang this year and last year at the OC Fair. Have a signed T-shirt from him, as well as a fabric round trampoline-shaped item with all the favorite sayings of the show.

I don't much care for Tim's betting on the ponies stuff, either, but love his repeat clips. Miss Fridays with Steckler, especially his ranting bit at the beginning of the show. (All liberals, lefties, crypto-communists, etc......) Tim and the crew seemed really nice when I met them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 12:35 AM

205 posts, read 405,385 times
I miss Tom Lykis....that fat bastard was funny

Old 10-17-2015, 02:05 AM

4,487 posts, read 3,891,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse977 View Post
He has an internet show. Just google The New Normal. I always enjoyed him too, but I don't get internet in my CAR. Not sure what he was thinking.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:31 AM

3,841 posts, read 4,493,456 times
Anyone remember Phil Hendrie? I wish he was still on!

Bill Handel... he both amuses me and makes me nuts!

Old 10-17-2015, 08:06 AM

12,305 posts, read 8,005,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse977 View Post
Well he was better back in his KFI days before the Lykis 101 bit took over

Old 10-17-2015, 11:55 AM

8,257 posts, read 6,314,082 times
I've heard John Kobylt go on a rant about something he knows nothing about and he is a fool when he does that. I do listen to him though because Mark Levin on the other station is trying to get Hillery elected.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:44 PM

1,485 posts, read 947,473 times
LOVE T&E.
Loved his rant about the electric car owners. He gets it right most of the time.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:12 PM

51,901 posts, read 52,306,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Well he was better back in his KFI days before the Lykis 101 bit took over
Tom leykis is a fat ugly nerd, and that whole bit he had with the lykis 101 stuff was just lame. If I had a daughter I'd highly advise her to avoid guys like that azzhat.

/rant

Old 10-20-2015, 01:37 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,671,847 times
Thank God they got that Thompson / Espinosa show off the air. Mark Thompson sounded like newscaster computer voice talking in monotone. Elizabeth Espinosa was always on the wrong side of every issue (ex- believer in global warming, etc).

Mark Thompson always went out of his way to do the correct Spanish pronunciation of Elizabeth's last name, and Elizabeth always said her name with that perfect Spanish accent, just like the Married With Children newscaster who exaggerated the pronunciation of her long Spanish name. That summarized the show: politically correct! Yawn...

Old 06-17-2016, 05:06 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,624,122 times
KFI is right-wing radio. The same tired old act day after day: screaming and name-calling from John and Ken. The hosts on this station are ready and willing to send you and your kids to fight every war that comes along, while shilling for every business interest. It's also a station for old people. Most of the programs are old. The opinions are old. Even the commercials are for old people, LifeLock, buying Gold and Silver, etc. It has endless commercials for some shady businesses, rotten teeth pitches, get rich quick, marginal loans for cars, etc

Bill Handel is the only host of the entire weekday lineup that I have ever heard anything that sounds even remotely liberal from. He seems to be a lot more rational than all the other weekday hosts. He often goes against the popular Republican agenda of the other hosts and does so in a way that makes a lot of sense. He explains why he came to the conclusion that he did.

Gary and Shannon are awful. Shannon Farren is full of herself. A sponsor "w***e" with the face lifts, collagen, follicular remedies, thinking that her listeners are as vain as she. It is rather disturbing. They get paid big bucks to talk about random crap for four hours. One day Gary missed a show because he had to move to a new house and it was raining so Shannon called to check in on him. Talk about a first world problem! I don't think either of them are very exciting to listen to especially when they insert their political opinions into everything. Most of the stuff they talk about is just fluff and TMZesque. Also her voice is hard on the ears! Gary tries to be funny by making goofy voices and cracking jokes but it's really lame.

John and Ken sound bitter and angry on every show. I think they are Trump supporters too so that tells you everything you need to know right there! They defend things Trump has said and done all the time and are extremely anti-immigrant. Every show they constantly scream and complain about EVERYTHING that isn't right wing conservative. They come off as really smug and arrogant. What qualifications do they have to be political analysts? Most of the stuff they say is pure opinion and not backed up by facts at all. They tend to exaggerate too.

I have never listened to any of the other shows so I can't judge them. I don't choose to listen to this station. I have a family member that listens when I am around so that's how I hear it.

I prefer radio stations that just report the news without all the spin. Give me the facts and I will form my own opinion on issues. I like NPR/PRI programming the most. They tend to be a lot more balanced and don't push an agenda. The programming also has more variety and touches upon important national and international issues. They tend to bring people from both sides of an issue to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles