Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:07 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You're not equipped to put anything I write in context. You know next to nothing about me or how I live my life. I work seven days a week starting a business and I don't live an exorbitant lifestyle.

You said you spend 250k a year so that's pretty exorbitant. Look, I'm not knocking you. Do it. Enjoy it. Live it up. But your opinions about dating are not going to be the experience of 99% of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 09:10 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
Ok first of all let me start out by saying a few things. Number one, i don't live in LA nor do i plan on ever living in LA. I live in WA state. The reason behind this question is pure research. I am trying to prove the fact that Seattle has a HORRIBLE dating culture. Everyone here is so introverted and flaky. Not to mention EXTREMELY difficult to find attractive woman who take pride in their self image. I have known for years(since like 13 years old, I'm 27 now) that by in large, socal is the place to be if your fit and into doing cool stuff outside. Here in the gloomy PNW, most attractive women are so into themselves and think their entitled to EVERYTHING, its difficult to even start a conversation. I have told so many people that Socal is the place to be for these things. Can anyone back me up here? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
Im so simple? Hopefully my kids have better education opportunities then the ones afforded to me? Whats with the pretentious, condescending mindsets and attitudes I see so much of from many people in socal? Is it really that important to "1-up" everyone and prove just how much more superior your interpretation of reality is? Do judgements towards others in the LA area really happen based on one little detail of a person? Jesus Christ no wonder so many people are fleeing this place in record numbers.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
women in Seattle ... are, however, smart, loyal, honest, outgoing and personable, active and in good shape, and I already said--creative and fun.
Smart? -- An overused compliment. Most people are, by definition, average. Average, not smart. Yet I've never met a woman who doesn't claim to be "smart." Women often confuse merely having the "right" opinion, or having a white collar job, with being "smart." It just means they're average.

Loyal? -- Loyalty is rare trait among women. I've met some loyal women, not many.

Honesty? -- Another rare trait among women. Even more so than men, women have a gift for rationalizing their misdeeds, and lying to themselves and others.

Outgoing, personable, active, in good shape? -- Yes, this applies to many L.A. women. Perhaps it's also true in Seattle. I don't know.

Creative? -- Again, over-stated. Women exaggerate their own talents. Bad poetry and self-absorbed personal "confessions" qualify as "creative" in many a woman's mind.

Fun? -- Sure, many women are fun, though many are not. I'll give you half a point on this claim.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:14 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
When you ... can afford ... good nutrition, yeah, you're gonna maximize your chances.
Good nutrition is not that expensive. Junk food is more expensive than a simple bag of carrots at Vons. Fruits, vegetables, low-sodium soup are not expensive.

Good nutrition is largely a matter of what NOT to eat. Cut out red meat and carbohydrates (bagels, white bread, chips, cakes, donuts, etc.).

Food that is both nutritious and tasty (cooked by gourmets) can be expensive. But boring nutritious food is actually pretty cheap.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:20 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
boring nutritious food is actually pretty cheap.
Boring nutritious food is super cheap.

However, from experience, you aren't going to win any hearts with a boring, healthy diet...

Old 03-26-2015, 10:53 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
You said you spend 250k a year so that's pretty exorbitant. Look, I'm not knocking you. Do it. Enjoy it. Live it up. But your opinions about dating are not going to be the experience of 99% of men.
I live on about $250,000 a year. That includes all of my expenses. Taxes(which are considerable and will be for almost a decade more), paying my money people, helping out some family financially, living in a fairly expensive city and everything required to do so, and I spend a lot of money on entertainment and hobbies, like games, music, movies, books and comedy shows. Gym membership, personal trainer, good groceries and personal health items don't really add up to that much. I have friends who have a lot less money than I do and are paying for those things and no one would tell them they're somehow outside the normal dating pool.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Good nutrition is not that expensive. Junk food is more expensive than a simple bag of carrots at Vons. Fruits, vegetables, low-sodium soup are not expensive.

Good nutrition is largely a matter of what NOT to eat. Cut out red meat and carbohydrates (bagels, white bread, chips, cakes, donuts, etc.).

Food that is both nutritious and tasty (cooked by gourmets) can be expensive. But boring nutritious food is actually pretty cheap.
Come on, who ever just eats a bag of carrots for a female?

I'm talking about being a physically fit male and trying to eat right.

It is pricy to eat a high protein diet.

Chicken breasts, egg whites, protein powders, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lean steaks.

It's easier to live off del taco or mcdonalds, but it won't get you the body to get dates with women.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
I live on about $250,000 a year. That includes all of my expenses. Taxes(which are considerable and will be for almost a decade more), paying my money people, helping out some family financially, living in a fairly expensive city and everything required to do so, and I spend a lot of money on entertainment and hobbies, like games, music, movies, books and comedy shows. Gym membership, personal trainer, good groceries and personal health items don't really add up to that much. I have friends who have a lot less money than I do and are paying for those things and no one would tell them they're somehow outside the normal dating pool.
The richer you are, the easier it is to look good.

Even stuff like massages, facials, waxes

Then the advanced weird stuff like fat freezing

But forget all that. There's a lot of ultra rich guys who look like crap. They still get the hottest women because they're rich.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:39 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Come on, who ever just eats a bag of carrots for a female?
You need to rethink this sentence.

Quote:
It is pricy to eat a high protein diet.
Chicken breasts, egg whites, protein powders, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lean steaks.
It's a myth that you need to consume tons of protein all day to build/maintain muscle. All that crap like "1 gram of brotein for every pound you weigh" is BS. You need some protein, but not tons. Getting that much protein is bad for your organs. Body builders and gym rats always have health problems because their organs are all jacked up from all the protein and supplements they consume.

Quote:
It's easier to live off del taco or mcdonalds, but it won't get you the body to get dates with women.
Easier yes, cheaper no. I can buy 3 pounds of frozen chicken breasts for the price of a Big Mac and a pound of rice for the price of a soft drink. Laziness does not make eating fast food more logical.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:43 AM

You're not gonna look like a bodybuilder or gym rat unless you eat that much protein. They don't have health problems unless they use steroids or weird preworkout mixes. Simply eating a lot of chicken breast and egg whites isn't unhealthy.

People who work don't have time to be cooking healthy meals all the time. They only have time for the del taco drive thru.

Getting way off topic though. Forget all this personal appearance stuff - you can look like Phil Spector and get the hottest women just by being rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles