Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:49 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,010,074 times

Advertisements

I have friends in LA who are 30 and up, some married, some not, and I am curious about what other Angelenos have to say about the dating scene there in terms of the men avilable.

One thing I hear a lot is that men there don't want a "real" relationship. They date around a lot, but they don't seem to have any intentions of getting married. They sometimes date a few women at once, or even if it's just one, they may cheat secretly. From the sound of it, men have a very causal and laid-back approach to dating and are apparently not in any hurry to settle down, even after age 35 they are still partying like they are in their early 20's.
Some of them have kids via "baby moms" but they continue to party anyway and hide the fact that they are fathers from new women that they meet.

What are your impressions and experiences with dating men in LA? Asking WOMEN only please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times
There are no women on this forum so I'll answer anyway

The very few men who appeal to women in LA (six feet or taller, muscular, charming, six figures or more, fashionable, masculine and alpha yet still sensitive, light beard, amazing eyes, cultured and traveled, good family background, stable job, etc. etc.) are noncommittal playboys because they can be. Imagine having your pick of beautiful women all the time. Who's gonna settle down.

If you're not picky, you'll find millions of men who want to be with you, even if you're rather average looking

Old 03-27-2015, 10:16 PM

642 posts, read 2,542,423 times
I am in S Bernardino county no LA. But have family members in LA and they met men, some nice some not, and are both married now. I think there are so many kinds of people here that you can find someone for you. Cheating? There was just as much cheating in the middle to upper middle class Washington State suburbs I lived in before. Let say the cheating is average but it seems to be more under wraps in other places. And there is eccentric people here. Its California people come here to reinvent themselves or to be themselves so it can be interesting. Just go with your gut. If you have that little nagging feeling something isnt honest about them bolt and know there are plenty of dating scenes to go to.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,342,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
And you know this for sure?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:37 AM

21 posts, read 33,008 times
In my experience, 30's women tend to be picky. The type of men they want are damn near unicorns, and it's a competitive market! Those women might not admit it, even to themselves, but when
Asked what they look for, there is a list of attributes they desire.

Yet, I have seen mid-30's female friends openly settle for a loser and ride it to divorce.

Cheating in LA is just as prominent anywhere, if you find that unicorn, chances are, they are no stranger to cheating.

1. Personality
2. Career
3. Average physical appearance
4. No criminal record/strong morals
5. No previous children

Pick any 2. That's a good catch.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:52 AM

24 posts, read 32,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsu619 View Post

1. Personality
2. Career
5. No previous children

pick any 2. That's a good catch.
lol.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:19 PM

642 posts, read 2,542,423 times
Cheating in LA is just as prominent anywhere, if you find that unicorn, chances are, they are no stranger to cheating.

1. Personality
2. Career
5. No previous children

Pick any 2. That's a good catch.[/quote]

LOL This is so true! But in your 30s and finding someone with no prior children is going to be a stretch

Old 03-28-2015, 12:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
And you know this for sure?

No female regular posters in the LA forum.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,523,440 times
The OP doesn't even live in CA, never mind LA. Makes no mention of moving to LA, so why does she care?

You also don't get to dictate who responds to a thread you create.

Looks like a "bash LA" thread to me.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:34 PM

102,062 posts, read 107,003,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post

The very few men who appeal to women in LA (six feet or taller, muscular, charming, six figures or more, fashionable, masculine and alpha yet still sensitive, light beard, amazing eyes, cultured and traveled, good family background, stable job, etc. etc.) are noncommittal playboys because they can be. Imagine having your pick of beautiful women all the time. Who's gonna settle down.

If you're not picky, you'll find millions of men who want to be with you, even if you're rather average looking
The mature, well-adjusted ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles