Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:01 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,051,276 times

Advertisements

Actress Taraji Hansen first said she is fearful of sending her son to USC since her son Marcel, who is black, was profiled by USC for having his hands in his pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEn0sqnOI9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUOdKRp6tzA

She also claimed that her son was racially profiled by the police. A video was released by police and there was clearly no such profiling. Taraji apologized and all is supposedly well. What about the harm done to the Glendale PD? I take allegations of racial profiling very seriously. When such allegations are made and found to be false, there should be a societal penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBU_VSc_sc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 02:27 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,819,040 times
This sounds like a case of a teen playing the race card and over-exaggerating about what actually happened to his mom since he was smoking pot in his car. I doubt Taraji knew the full truth until this report came out. I've worked with a ton of celeb kids and they all do this obnoxious, entitled crap.

Glendale PD is going about their business as per usual, no harm was done to their image. What societal penalty do you propose? I'm sure it'll be a hoot.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:18 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,415,173 times
I love Taraji, but unfortunately she is guilty of what people who prefer to avoid black folks and what many police officers still practice: Profiling based on negative prejudice.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:38 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,163,901 times
Societal penalties? What does that even mean?

Old 03-30-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Societal penalties? What does that even mean?
She can't attend this year's Golden Globes. Ostracize HA!

She's forced to wear a literal race card on her head for a year. Humiliate HA!

Her son is injected with a serum that makes him age backwards. Benjamin Button HA!

DWP shuts off her water. Dehydrate HA!

Old 03-30-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
She can't attend this year's Golden Globes. Ostracize HA!

She's forced to wear a literal race card on her head for a year. Humiliate HA!

Her son is injected with a serum that makes him age backwards. Benjamin Button HA!

DWP shuts off her water. Dehydrate HA!
Ha ha ha, such a funny response. Apparently you believe that making "over-exaggerations" about police misconduct, something which people like myself take extremely seriously due to so much media attention on this topic lately, is nothing to you. It was not an exaggeration in this case, but a lie.

When high profile people lie about something this serious, it lessens the impact the next time someone makes an allegation such as the one she made.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Ha ha ha, such a funny response. Apparently you believe that making "over-exaggerations" about police misconduct, something which people like myself take extremely seriously due to so much media attention on this topic lately, is nothing to you. It was not an exaggeration in this case, but a lie.

When high profile people lie about something this serious, it lessens the impact the next time someone makes an allegation such as the one she made.
Apparently you need work in reading comprehension, so I'll enroll you in my spring 2015 class. I said the son most likely exaggerated the extent of what happened when he told his mom. I never implied it was okay; I gave a reasoning about why it may have happened. Taraji most likely responded publicly with the information she had at the time. And when the correct information came out (read: this implies it was a lie), she apologized. She doesn't seem to be the type of actress to care about drama or lie about something like this. I could also be completely wrong and she could have had full knowledge of the incident. But at this point, we don't know and I made an educated assumption given how stupid her son (teens in general) seems to be.

But back to the real question here, what are these societal penalties you want to impose? Curiosity is slaying all these cats over here, help me save them.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:

She took her son's side before she had the facts and who can blame her? Police misconduct is commonplace and targeting blacks is practically in the police handbook. This one instance doesn't erase a long and ongoing history of racial prejudice in police forces across the entire country.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:56 PM

Don't patronize as I don't need reading comprehension courses. You can be sure that I can readily distinguish between a lie and an exaggeration, unlike yourself.

I do not advocate any particular punishment for persons who make false allegations of police abuse, but I do find such persons to have a serious defect in character. I can help a dude out easily by pointing out that making false allegations of police misconduct is contemptible, especially in a place like LA where we have been working hard to purge any such behavior from our PDs. Maybe such contemptible persons should discontinue working in the field they are working in.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Don't patronize as I don't need reading comprehension courses. You can be sure that I can readily distinguish between a lie and an exaggeration, unlike yourself.

I do not advocate any particular punishment for persons who make false allegations of police abuse, but I do find such persons to have a serious defect in character. I can help a dude out easily by pointing out that making false allegations of police misconduct is contemptible, especially in a place like LA where we have been working hard to purge any such behavior from our PDs. Maybe such contemptible persons should discontinue working in the field they are working in.
She should have to quit acting and find a new line of work because she made an accusation without all of the facts? What? How do you even remember to breathe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: