Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 PM

27 posts, read 28,578 times

Advertisements

So I'm headed back to LA with a friend at the end of May, and I'm looking for a place to stay on airbnb. I made a thread about this a few weeks ago but I'm lazy to scroll back. Anyway, I found this place that's within our budget...it seems like a good location eh? The guy said it's a 15 min drive to Santa Monica, but it seems further, no?

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/300587

there was another place near Venice beach (I think on culver blvd), but isn't that a bit far from everything?

any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 10:32 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,762,360 times
You need to give us an intersection to really help you. I guess the airbnb site doesn't give you an address but how about cross streets?

Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 AM

It's on north palm street I think? But can you guys see it on the link?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:02 AM

C'mon guys, I need input, I'm booking soon

Old 03-31-2015, 11:06 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,277,097 times
Absoultely no reason not to, the guy has good reviews, and its a much cheaper price than a hotel in the area. More than 15 min to santa monica, more like 25-30, but whatever.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:13 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,332,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP Plumbing View Post
C'mon guys, I need input, I'm booking soon
If you had bothered to look for your other post, you'd already have your answer.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:55 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,480,762 times
Quote:
So I'm headed back to LA with a friend at the end of May, and I'm looking for a place to stay on airbnb. I made a thread about this a few weeks ago but I'm lazy to scroll back. Anyway, I found this place that's within our budget...it seems like a good location eh? The guy said it's a 15 min drive to Santa Monica, but it seems further, no?

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/300587

there was another place near Venice beach (I think on culver blvd), but isn't that a bit far from everything?

any input would be appreciated.
It's cheap, clean and you evidently have a wonderful landlord. At that price pretty much the best you can expect. Location is as good as any for a tourist. If you don't have a car, you may have to use a taxi here and there. Times to places are relative in LA depending on the traffic.
Anything we have rented through VRBO has been more expensive, even the one bedrooms.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
It's cheap, clean and you evidently have a wonderful landlord. At that price pretty much the best you can expect. Location is as good as any for a tourist. If you don't have a car, you may have to use a taxi here and there. Times to places are relative in LA depending on the traffic.
Anything we have rented through VRBO has been more expensive, even the one bedrooms.
Yeah it looks good, but I'm wondering if the other place I found near Venice beach is better. It's in culver city, closer to marina del rey. Is that too far from everything else?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:03 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,480,762 times
Quote:
Yeah it looks good, but I'm wondering if the other place I found near Venice beach is better. It's in culver city, closer to marina del rey. Is that too far from everything else?
We like to stay in the West Hollywood area because it is somewhat centrally located.

If I had to choose I would probably go with Beverly Hills. Being near the 405 in Culver City will not be a treat. Having read the comments on the Beverly Hills place, the fact that the landlord is so nice is a big plus. That can be a real plus in any vacation rental for information and assistance. The place looks nice and since you'll probably be out most of the day, having a quiet place to come back to helps.

Getting to anywhere from Hollywood to Santa Monica/Malibu is relatively convenient from Beverly Hills. Probably a little quicker than from Culver City. Also sounds like you have a pretty good selection of places within walking distance.

Getting closer to Venice Beach things can get a little sketchy, especially after dark.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
We like to stay in the West Hollywood area because it is somewhat centrally located.

If I had to choose I would probably go with Beverly Hills. Being near the 405 in Culver City will not be a treat. Having read the comments on the Beverly Hills place, the fact that the landlord is so nice is a big plus. That can be a real plus in any vacation rental for information and assistance. The place looks nice and since you'll probably be out most of the day, having a quiet place to come back to helps.

Getting to anywhere from Hollywood to Santa Monica/Malibu is relatively convenient from Beverly Hills. Probably a little quicker than from Culver City. Also sounds like you have a pretty good selection of places within walking distance.

Getting closer to Venice Beach things can get a little sketchy, especially after dark.
Those are all good points. But why did the guy say Santa Monica is 15 mins away when it's really more like 25-30 mins?

Guess it's not a big deal. The place near Venice only had 5 reviews (all positive though), but still
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles