Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Idk, last time I was in Santa Monica, this homeless guy was chilling on the ground and these two dudes walked past him. They didn't say a word, but the homeless guy got up and started screaming on the top of his lungs "whaaat whaaaat?! You wanna f me in the ass, you wanna f me in the ass?! You want me to suck your penis?! I dont go that way wtf". He repeated it over and over. And this dude is legit scaring people and starts walking towards the one guy he claimed said it. Not sure what happened because we kept walking. That beach weather is ideal if you're homeless though. And if you're lucky, a few rich yuppies and tourists could hook you up with money and food.
Yeah exactly ! I don't think the Santa monica/ Venice homeless are chill homeless . I saw several rude and aggressive types just last week .

I was nearly assaulted by one and he actually swung his mat at me and looked deranged . He had the look in his eye like he was going to attack me . It was actually a very scary experience and I was going to report it to police but when I got out of the parking structure I didn't see him . There is also still the smell of urine in the parking structures in Santa Monica . That city and city of LA needs to wake up , it's NOT like that everywhere .

My experience the other day will definitely make me question whether I want to go to Santa monica again for a while sadly .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah exactly ! I don't think the Santa monica/ Venice homeless are chill homeless . I saw several rude and aggressive types just last week .

I was nearly assaulted by one and he actually swung his mat at me and looked deranged . He had the look in his eye like he was going to attack me . It was actually a very scary experience and I was going to report it to police but when I got out of the parking structure I didn't see him . There is also still the smell of urine in the parking structures in Santa Monica . That city and city of LA needs to wake up , it's NOT like that everywhere .

My experience the other day will definitely make me question whether I want to go to Santa monica again for a while sadly .
Maybe it's getting worse. I don't spend much time in santa monica more, but I'll investigate when I'm there. Could be the fact that santa monica is getting increasingly more affluent, crowded, and hip... which also brings in the crazies

Old 04-06-2015, 01:25 PM

39 posts, read 58,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Yes, I get that Florida has a ton of snakes (another reason why I prefer Hawaii).

I was just asking the posters who have lived there what their experience has been because I have never seen any in the urban/tourist areas I've visited. Just wondering if for example if someone lives in a single-family house in Coral Gables (not near the glades) if they have to deal with a lot of snakes and if so what kind, etc.
I've seen quite a few snakes and more snake skins in Orlando and Kissimmee when I've been on vacation to Disneyworld. Not sure what types, would never get close enough to identify.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,296,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Yeah, crazy meth addict from Podunk USA isn't gonna be hanging out in Echo Park for fun and panhandling. He'll dress up as a superhero and play with the tourists at Hollywood and Highland. Then he'll hang at the beach in Venice.

Hollywood and Venice get the craziest of all. The homeless in Santa Monica are fairly chill. They just wanna sleep.
There are crazy homeless folks in Santa Monica too. There was this homeless guy randomly yelling and cussing on Wilshire and 5th for no reason at all.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:46 PM

39 posts, read 58,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
There are crazy homeless folks in Santa Monica too. There was this homeless guy randomly yelling and cussing on Wilshire and 5th for no reason at all.
What reasons do they usually have for yelling and cussing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles