Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 06:21 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,923,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Not really. People there are used to working with and being around Jews. it may be the most conservative part of LA county but it's not exactly Mississippi. That being said, if you can afford staying in the west SFV, stay there.

EDIT: I forgot you said your girlfriend wants you to move. Well, that depends how committed you are to her. Sounds like you'd be out of place in santa clarita but the sfv isn't that far away.
Currently I live in Encino. All of my friends and family live in the sfv. My girlfriend really wants me to move to Valencia with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 06:24 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Currently I live in Encino. All of my friends and family live in the sfv. My girlfriend really wants me to move to Valencia with her.

Even if you move, Encino isn't that far. As long as you dont have to be going everyday all the time. Weekends would be fine

Old 04-05-2015, 08:42 PM

96 posts, read 170,415 times
Quote:

In Santa Clarita there is nowhere to purchase a pair of $200 MENS jeans. If Nordstrom opened that would solve the problem.
I could take a dump in a box, mark it $200, and set it in the parking lot by Macy's. Would that solve your problem?

Old 04-05-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Even if you move, Encino isn't that far. As long as you dont have to be going everyday all the time. Weekends would be fine
I could also do my grocery shopping in Encino as well on weekends.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:19 AM

280 posts, read 325,666 times
Quote:
Currently I live in Encino,CA. My girlfriend wants me to move in with her in Valencia,CA. If I moved to Valencia there are many stores and restaurants that I patronize that aren't in Santa Clarita.

I'm curious as to why Santa Clarita lacks a Gelsons market,Cheesecake factory and Nordstrom? Also PF Chang's, Flemmings steakhouse and a good Jewish deli? Encino has jerrys deli and uncle bernies deli.

In Santa Clarita there is nowhere to purchase a pair of $200 MENS jeans. If Nordstrom opened that would solve the problem.

Living in Encino I have several options for shopping,dining and grocery stores.

Also Santa Clarita has no art house movie theaters that show independent movies. Why??
Sometimes I wonder if posts are even real.

My god, it also makes me not want to move back to CA. People, remind me that not everyone is as simple-minded as this post comes off.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmtcm View Post

My god, it also makes me not want to move back to CA. People, remind me that not everyone is as simple-minded as this post comes off.
Some of us are more picky than others

Old 04-06-2015, 06:10 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Quote:

The southwest SFV (i.e. Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Encino, Sherman Oaks) creates a lot of sheltered kids who need their familiar spots to feel comfortable. Even more so than the Westside. I think because it's such a bubble of relative affluence there.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
The southwest SFV (i.e. Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Encino, Sherman Oaks) creates a lot of sheltered kids who need their familiar spots to feel comfortable. Even more so than the Westside. I think because it's such a bubble of relative affluence there.
I'm from Encino and grew up as a sheltered kid. My girlfriend who lives in Valencia doesn't understand.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:29 AM

280 posts, read 325,666 times
Quote:
I'm from Encino and grew up as a sheltered kid. My girlfriend who lives in Valencia doesn't understand.
Well, at least you admit your shortcomings.

Get out and see the world. There is a WHOLE lot more to life than Nordstrom's and the Cheesecake Factory - in fact, there is a whole culture of people who find those places trite.

You wouldn't catch me dead in a Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs. McDonald's serves healthier food.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Well, at least you admit your shortcomings.

Get out and see the world. There is a WHOLE lot more to life than Nordstrom's and the Cheesecake Factory - in fact, there is a whole culture of people who find those places trite.

You wouldn't catch me dead in a Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs. McDonald's serves healthier food.
Very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles