Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 03:48 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
My sister-in-law was driving around, looking for a parking space at the Santa Clarita mall.

She told me the same thing when she drove by the Five Guys there... "That place is always empty."
It's true for my local mall as well. Of course there are a few guests, but not much. Same goes for the location near my house and near my workplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 01:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
I've never heard of Shake Shack,but I think it's great it's in the area now...More options is always good.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:26 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
It's true for my local mall as well. Of course there are a few guests, but not much. Same goes for the location near my house and near my workplace.
Maybe a lot of takeout orders versus people sitting there.

I'm not really that crazy about Five Guys , it's alright but I don't think it really stands out much.

They seem to be growing pretty fast though
From wikipedia:
As of 2012, Five Guys has over 1,000 locations open throughout the United States and Canada and over 1,500 locations under development.[3] As of 2012 the company was the fastest-growing fast food chain in the United States, with a 32.8% sales increase from 2010 to 2011.[4]

Shack Shake on the other hand only had 66 locations as of 2015 according to wikipedia. Huge difference right there of course.

Looks like one is going to open in Downtown L.A also in addition to the WeHo and Glendale one..
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...113-story.html

Old 03-17-2016, 08:22 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Shack Shake on the other hand only had 66 locations as of 2015 according to wikipedia. Huge difference right there of course.

Looks like one is going to open in Downtown L.A also in addition to the WeHo and Glendale one..
Shake Shack to open in downtown Los Angeles - LA Times
They are growing at a small pace. But that's of course because a lot more work goes into their individual restaurants, you just can't replicate it and build like you can with a Five Guys or a Chipotle. Each location is so different. 10-12 stores a year is the goal at the moment.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:07 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
Eh, Five Guys is okay, Shake Shack is alright, I would only go to these places if I was craving a burger and there's not much around. The best chain burger joint in the NE would probably go to Bareburger, you guys should definitely have one of those.

I miss Carl's Jr.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:47 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
They are growing at a small pace. But that's of course because a lot more work goes into their individual restaurants, you just can't replicate it and build like you can with a Five Guys or a Chipotle. Each location is so different. 10-12 stores a year is the goal at the moment.
They need to open a Shake Shack in the South Bay. Maybe near the Hermosa Pier or as part of the Redondo Pier or Manhattan Village renovation projects.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Eh, Five Guys is okay, Shake Shack is alright, I would only go to these places if I was craving a burger and there's not much around. The best chain burger joint in the NE would probably go to Bareburger, you guys should definitely have one of those.

I miss Carl's Jr.
Carl's Jr.? Really? I can admit I'm not the biggest fan of Five Guys, but I'd go there before Carl's Jr. any day.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Carl's Jr.? Really? I can admit I'm not the biggest fan of Five Guys, but I'd go there before Carl's Jr. any day.
Problem with pretty much all the big chain drive thru fast food places is the food usually tastes like it's been sitting a while and served to you oftentimes at room temperature.

Five Guys at least is made to order , like IN N OUT it takes a little longer for your food to be made.
Usually I'd rather wait a little longer and get fresh food.

Carls Jr and the other chains aren't really that cheap either. A lot of the combos will run you considerably higher than IN N OUT.
I also noticed the upcharge trick they do now ..where they ask "Do you want a medium sized or large"..but the price on the menu is small. It's pretty deceptive because they don't tell you medium or large will be more...and they don't give you the option of small.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Problem with pretty much all the big chain drive thru fast food places is the food usually tastes like it's been sitting a while and served to you oftentimes at room temperature.

Five Guys at least is made to order , like IN N OUT it takes a little longer for your food to be made.
Usually I'd rather wait a little longer and get fresh food.

Carls Jr and the other chains aren't really that cheap either. A lot of the combos will run you considerably higher than IN N OUT.
I also noticed the upcharge trick they do now ..where they ask "Do you want a medium sized or large"..but the price on the menu is small. It's pretty deceptive because they don't tell you medium or large will be more...and they don't give you the option of small.
Well, I like the taste way more that innout. I know how popular innout is but I never understood the appeal.
Trust me, I know, my friends who worship innout look at me with disdain.

The prices aren't really deceptive, I'm fairly certain the upcharge for going bigger is listed on the menu. You honestly thought that them asking you if you want to make it bigger that they would do it from the sheer kindness of their hearts? REALLY? If you are ever in the market to buy a car and decide to go to a dealership, I would advise you to bring a friend.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:49 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkka View Post
You're not alone..... Overwhelming majority feel the same way.
In n out should not be underestimated... I would kill for one right now. the combination of freshness and affordability cannot be beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles