Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:38 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
ihop is no worse than any of the thousands of other restaurants we are surrounded by or most of the crap you buy at grocery stores.
Actually, once you're on a high protein diet, when you do a carb binge rife with high fructose corn syrup, aspertame, wheat filler, etc., you'll be able to feel a huge difference in your homeostasis. In fact, even on cheat day I take it easy because I'll feel sick the following day if I go crazy with all the sweet poisons served at places such as IHoP. And I don't want to become any of these guys:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...+fatso+scooter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 01:47 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Man doesn't want to live on oats alone. At times you want a cake bathed in sugary syrup was a slice of pork and endless caffeinated coffee refills.
Add some lard gravy to it while you are at it. I hope you eat that stuff in moderation ie only a few times per year. It's totally unhealthy.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:25 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I can't recall the last time I ate Denny's when I wasn't trashed, didn't pay attention to the prices then and probably wouldn't cause it's hard to read menu's when you're three sheets to the wind.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:16 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,173 times
Went to a Denny's for the first time in ages the other day for lunch. I got the burger, fries and a coke. The burger was overcooked, the bun didn't taste fresh, the fries were limp and the coca cola was flat. It was a horror show.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:57 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,484,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Still exists in Toluca Lake.
And Diamond Bar.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:36 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Perhaps, but if any business is not offering a decent value then one doesn't have to go there.

I don't think most businesses are trying to outright rip off their customers. That's not good business or a good long term approach.

Carneys I think is a pretty good value for the product. Last time I went there was probably 6 months ago or so.

Last time I went to Denny i didn't think the prices were too outrageous for a sit down place.

They seem to have gotten pretty creative with the offerings too, as people's tastes have evolved.

In some areas ,especially late night Dennys is the only game in town for a sit down type of place at least.
You sort of contradict yourself, re late-night de facto monopoly and "doesn't have to go there."

Has Denny's actually increased its prices? I haven't been there this year and haven't eaten from the regular menu in even longer. I think iHop raised its prices, and I suspect those two are rivals and price around each other.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:07 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,070 times
I haven't been to a Dennys in years. I think the last time I was there the Grand Slam was like 2.99.

In any case it seems like prices for fast food has climbed but quality has stayed the same or gotten worse.

Wendy's actually has some good burgers/chicken sandwiches but my wife and I will leave there paying close to $20 for the both of us. The Habit, Panera are pretty good as well so I don't mind paying their prices....same with In and Out.

However if you order off the value menus, don't get the combos and don't supersize it, then you can get out of most fast food places for under $5. Unfortunately they may be smaller portions, but they are probably worse for you health-wise.

As far as diners go, there's a Norms by us that's always crowded, so we never go there. We go to the IHOP down the street and its practically a ghost town. The food is...ok. Sometimes the burgers are decent.

We usually would go to Polly's Pies for dinner (until it burned down) and Millies (until they closed up shop).

They're also opening an Original Pancake House by us, but I'm sure that's going to be busy.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:08 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
You sort of contradict yourself, re late-night de facto monopoly and "doesn't have to go there."

Has Denny's actually increased its prices? I haven't been there this year and haven't eaten from the regular menu in even longer. I think iHop raised its prices, and I suspect those two are rivals and price around each other.
They still have the $2 menu promo in the windows. Have they done like the burger joints say Burger King did when they dropped the $1 Whopper promo and suddenly it was the $1 Whopper Jr a few years back so the $2 deal offers less food now? Probably.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:09 PM

32 posts, read 35,834 times
swingers on beverly doesn't seem that horrible, but it's more expensive than denny's.

is there a 24-hour healthy food restaurant? besides ralphs?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:15 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racarate View Post
swingers on beverly doesn't seem that horrible, but it's more expensive than denny's.

is there a 24-hour healthy food restaurant? besides ralphs?
I wouldn't think those who are up 24 hours are much concerned about health. I suppose a few have to work that shift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles