Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 03:22 PM

581 posts, read 920,783 times

Advertisements

Take a drive to Malibou Lake sometime, all the roads in and out are very twisty. The drive to WLA would be torture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 03:27 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
Take a drive to Malibou Lake sometime, all the roads in and out are very twisty. The drive to WLA would be torture.
Agoura isn't far and doesn't require driving mountain roads, but you're definitely getting pretty far from west LA in lake malibu.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoversNotShakers View Post
Does Topanga have a good mix of people? We currently live in an "artsy" neighborhood, so I like the sound of that, but I sometimes find the yuppie-hippie culture a little much. Is everyone in Topanga into crystal healing and chakra massages...?
Lots of arty people but very hippie. One has only to attend the annual "Topanga Days" celebration to see it. I have never seen so much tie-dye and bead necklaces, and I was a hippie. To be fair, the hippies have been the ones who have kept Topanga semi-rural because they bought and held onto large lots since the 1960's. There is also a decided spirituality focus there. If you can't embrace the hippie culture, maybe rethink Topanga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoversNotShakers View Post
about Malibou Lake? The commute to West LA would obviously be bad, but if I had a different job, is that a nice area? Seems the house prices are a little lower. Can you swim in the lake?
Unless you are a member of the Malibou Lake Mountain Club or resident (which may mean owning, not renting?), the access to the lake, including swimming and fishing, is limited to a quick drive by on Lake Vista Drive. Not sure what a "nice" area means to you, but low crime, very quiet, mostly unknown to people outside the immediate area. Again, big fire risk. Other poster was right, hope you are OK with a lot of twisty roads, and you'd better not go too slowly and get a line of cars behind you!

Old 06-27-2015, 01:01 PM

252 posts, read 519,099 times
Topanga is nice place to live for the most part... except for few wild fires every 5 or 10 years and the bums live at the creek that hang out by the liquor store (I had crazy neighbors though). Don't send your kids to Brentwood , Thats the LA School District ... Monte Nido is in Calabasas. My brother lives by the Malibu Hindu Temple its really safe over there he leaves his door unlocked at all hours. Malibu-Santa Monica District is the best.. I was born and raised in Topanga. I went to Malibu High School.

Last edited by 7stringguitarguy; 06-27-2015 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles